+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Hecky sez

Hecky: “I was pleased with the performance on Tuesday but we needed that bit of gamesmanship, to take the point and move on.”

: “It’s not just the players, I’m still learning myself.”

: “It’s the game I look forward to most. Where I grew up, you were Leeds or Barnsley. It’s a great game for us to play in.”

: “Leeds want success, the size of that club brings pressure. But form goes out the window in derbies.”

: “The fans need to play their part this weekend. I expect a great atmosphere. I always enjoy this sort of occasion.”

Mat Pearson
    Pearson: “There was nothing in it on Tuesday and we were done by one moment of bad luck.”

: “I can play wherever the Gaffer asks me to. I just want to play and do my best for this club.”

: “Most of my mates are Leeds fans so I want to get one over them this weekend. I know how much this game means to our fans.”
    Last edited by EastStandRed; 23-11-2017 at 10:13 AM.

Tom Bradshaw has been in a car accident so is missing training

Yeah he came on during the "car crash" of a game the other night Joking aside. Hope he's o.k

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Yeah he came on during the "car crash" of a game the other night Joking aside. Hope he's o.k
    Hurt his back apparently but adamant he’s ok to play Saturday

Hecky: “Izzy isn’t training yet, Mama is training today, he comes back into contention. Adam Hammill is suspended. Opportunity for others.”

“I thought too many of our players weren’t on their game while Leeds’ quality players really were on theirs.”

“Stevie Mallan is having an impact in the 23s. The pathway is there, look at Jared Bird. But he has a thigh strain right now.”

“Stevie will get a chance if he keeps working hard. We can’t make it easy for players, and they know that.”

“Nick Townsend is back and we need him here pushing Adam Davies. That’s his job to push him and then take his chance should it come.”

I think Hecky second guesses himself at times. Does he feel like he's backing down picking Mallan or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I think Hecky second guesses himself at times. Does he feel like he's backing down picking Mallan or something?

Hecky said Stevie Mallan needs to do a lot of things to get a game but they have got to remain private between him and Stevie. He also said he COULD get into the team if he keeps impressing.

Not a straightforward team selection issue this me thinks

Hecky said that Mallan offers us something different, he’s good at dead ball situations and shots from range and that’s why he’s hit 4 in 3 games, however there is more to it than that and that’s what he has to work on! But to be fair he’s working hard on that side of his game and he needs to get better at it and force his way into the reckoning.
    He’s unavailable for Reading cos he picked up a strain against Hull u23’s.

I forgot we were scoring loads from range and dead ball situations already.

Hecky: “It was one of those days at Reading. Mistake after mistake.”

: “We set up to win the game but the standards weren’t there.”

: “It was a reality check for all of us. For me, the staff, the players, fans, the club full stop.”

: “It’s about learning from the mistakes, we will improve these players, that’s a given.”

: “I’ve watched a lot of Bolton and know what we are up against. They’re dogged, they’re strong at set plays. It’s a battle.”

: “Every game is a battle. But we know we’ve got some talented players here, let’s not forget that.”

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast