+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: XL Cheese Crisps...................

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    This was posted by someone close to the company[B

I'm trying to fill in gaps in our family history and Rishy Crisps was part of it . . . but my recollections are sketchy. I think Rishy Crisps, at least as a factory, started in in the mid 60's in what was a former woollen mill in Great Harwood (or was it Rishton?). At the time I think it was a subsidiary of Brooks Beattie Biscuits in Wythenshaw (though it may have been Symbols Biscuits, Blackpool). I know that Rishy went on to provide crisps for M & S.

And our family's part in its history? My father, Stan Wallbridge, having previously created a biscuit factory for Carrs Biscuits in Bulawayo, was given the task of turning an empty woollen mill into a fully operational crisp factory and I have vague memories of wandering through the cavernous empty space before work began.

I would love to know what happened to Rishy, the address of the old mill and what it is being used for now. And I would be delighted if anyone has any old photos of Rishy Crisps.
    Google it - there are a few mentions about Rishy Crisps

They are not British, the spuds come from Saudi Arabia.
    From their website
    About Us
    It all started over 15 years ago in Dubai. A mission to create the healthiest, tastiest, most scrumptious potato chips and corn snacks out there! You can now find us creating these tantalizing treats in Hail, North Riyadh in Saudi Arabia. Why Hail?

To make sure you get the freshest potato chips possible, and since that’s where all the potato farms are located, we’ve made sure we’re close by.

Did you know that XL potato chips are never over a week old when they reach you? and that XL is specially packed in two layers just to make sure they stay extra fresh?

That’s right! Two layers! The inner metalized foil layer prevent the air from coming in, and the outer layer prevents the sun from coming in. The jeans design in different colors, makes them pretty cool to look at too, and therefore easy to choose your preferred flavor!

Our chips are so good, you can find them in schools, institutions, sport clubs, parks and cinemas, and that’s because they are not only scrumptious but they’re also healthy. We only use the freshest potatoes with no added artificial flavoring or colors, and less oil than any other potato chip.

Not only is it healthy, XL is completely Halal. It comes in the following flavors: French Cheese, Paprika, BBQ, Salt, Salt and Vinegar, Jalapeño, and Ketchup, flavors to suit every taste.
    You don’t have to worry about eating too much, XL comes in 4 different sizes, 14, 27, 70, 140 gm, so you can either eat them individually or share with your family and friends. You can find XL all over the Gulf States and in Jordan, Palestine, Iraq, Syria, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, and Seychelles.

The XL factory is ISO and HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) quality standard implemented.

Welcome to the world of XL, the super savory, scrumptious treat.

Update for all lovers of these super savoury,scrumptious treats.....£18 a box at the Premier shop in Nith Place.

Will you get a box for me pal and post them down to me😁

Stop press......Edgars now selling a box for £18.75.New supplier I gather.

Quote Originally Posted by Truthhurts View Post
    Me too. I also remember when creme eggs came with different coloured wrappers, red, blue and green iirc. I always associate those with Alf Turley’s shop on the Annan Road for some forgotten reason. My gran would have killed me for setting foot in Turley’s had she known as she had a shop just up the road. Lang syne.

Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv View Post
    Me too. I also remember when creme eggs came with different coloured wrappers, red, blue and green iirc. I always associate those with Alf Turley’s shop on the Annan Road for some forgotten reason. My gran would have killed me for setting foot in Turley’s had she known as she had a shop just up the road. Lang syne.
    Knew Alf well and his son Alan is still a regular at Palmerston. By coincidence my auntie also had a grocer's shop just across the Annan Road on the corner of Bellevue Street - it has been a hairdressers for years now.

D
    Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Knew Alf well and his son Alan is still a regular at Palmerston. By coincidence my auntie also had a grocer's shop just across the Annan Road on the corner of Bellevue Street - it has been a hairdressers for years now.
    Always remember sneaking over there to buy Orbit ice lollies. Mrs Morrison sold Lyons and my Gran’s shop across the road sold Walls Ice Cream. I guess they were in competition on some level. We lived in Bellevue Street when I was wee before moving to the Annan Road.

Hi guys, sorry for gatecrashing this post but I'm rounding up pledges to save Striker. Many of you will be aware of the comic strip which runs in The Sun. Well there's a good chance it will end for good if we can't raise enough money. If you're interested please check out their Kickstarter page. P.S. I also love Cheese XL

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...lus-animated-f

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)