+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Joe Newell

Joe Newell

Agree about Newell's ball skills but he's still a bit of an enigma as far as I'm concerned. On his day (like Saturday) he looks a world beater. But quite often he looks as though he's not up for it. More consistency and he would be one of the first names on the team sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Agree about Newell's ball skills but he's still a bit of an enigma as far as I'm concerned. On his day (like Saturday) he looks a world beater. But quite often he looks as though he's not up for it. More consistency and he would be one of the first names on the team sheet.
    Consistency is the word!! to be fair though i think his languid running style makes him appear lazy, i don't think he is, and Warne said he's the best trainer, just needs to do that for 90 mins and there's a real player there.

When he's on his game he is unstoppable and a match winner all on his own but there are games where he drifts out of them. As you say consistency is the key and for 90 mins. Think he might start at Blackburn. Its up to him to take his chance and seal his place in the starting 11.

“When he is on song, he is one of the best midfielders in the league, football-wise. He’s the best player with the ball at his feet at the club.”

“Through the week, you can all see that Newell is the best trainer. He was good at Donny in the ‘ressies’ last week, although so he should be because he was up against 18-year-old kids.

Both fair comments but they only serve to illustrate what his main fault is......he's what they call "nesh", hasn't got a tackle in him, he just waves a leg. This is a rough, tough league and I don't thick he's up to the physicality of it.

Super Joe Newell

We'll be lucky to keep him