+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: McCarthy ponders Moore return

Quote Originally Posted by hotun View Post
    Just be realistic because Moore is scoring he is hot property and Ipswich hold all the aces,best we can hope for is we hold him till Jan then look at the situation,if you want a player who is good in the air and can hold the ball up then resign Revell,but whats happened to the kid from the Owls.
    I mentioned Revell a few weeks ago but it fell on deaf ears. Thing is Moore scores for fun of late where as Revs is a hold up man so we'd probably need someone in who can bang then in off Revs.

Some might say Revs is too old but he still looks as fit as a bull when you see him in tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Can’t sign any loans until January
    Errr... I do know that

It's more likely come January some one near the top of league 1 or bottom of championship will make a good offer for him, and it wont be us. Dicko? Bogle?

Quote Originally Posted by hotun View Post
    Just be realistic because Moore is scoring he is hot property and Ipswich hold all the aces,best we can hope for is we hold him till Jan then look at the situation,if you want a player who is good in the air and can hold the ball up then resign Revell,but whats happened to the kid from the Owls.
    Good god man - Revel was useless at holding the ball up, he continually flicked on headers into no mans land - get a grip !

I wouldn't want Revell back tbh, I'll applaud him next week but that's it

Has I said in another post, Ipswich Town will recall Moore or a championship side will offer decent money for him, with a good wage, Rotherham won't be able to match the wages.

Has to Craig Davis of Oldham Athletic when I mentioned him, I didn't know his age, but I would take a punt on a 2 year contract for him, if Moore goes back to Ipswich.
    The Millers did silly business when giving Blackstock a lengthy contract, Sheffield United have had the common sense in giving Donaldson only a 1 year contract, because of his age.

Has to Revell coming back to the Millers, I think not, he did his job winning the ball, but had no one upfront with him to benefit while with our club.

It has been stated that we've put a bid in for Moore but wisely Ipswich haven't accepted it as far as we know. It'll come to a bidding war if Ipswich decided to sell or he could see out his contract.

I heard he had a years option on his contract which usually only kicks in if the player has played a number of games. Obviously there are only Ipswich, Moore and his agent who know what's in the contract. It's clear he's enjoying his time here and if we keep on going we'll be a Championship team again. Moore would be more attracted at that time knowing the set up here. We're in with a shout at signing him

You never know his replacement may be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Gainsbro_Miller View Post
    Scud, I read that post from GWRU and thought the same as you.
    How can he form an "instant" opinion on any new player and get it "bang on" every time (in his world) but anyone else, who apparently uses the same time scale, to assess a player (even though the other person may have seen that other player more than once!!) is wrong?

GWRU, are you related to Kempo? You are very self opinionated, invariably wrong but still trot out the same 5h1te on an all too regular basis.
    Instant opinions are not always right but Vaulks & Bailey-King I just rated them as soon as I saw them. Williams after Saturday I'm changing my mind. He looked a player.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123