+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: next sacking

The Wednesday manager for me but I hope not, he's doing a sterling job

Agree ESR

1 up front 2 up front we just don't have the quality of players to accomdate either
    Put the blame where it belongs

Remember Im only answering why I think Hecky will be or even is in danger when it comes to the so called sack race.
    If we're not capable of playing 2 up front because we dont have the 'right' players, then who on earth signed these players that we do have in the first place. And Hecky still doesnt know his best squad yet, after all this time. Is it just me or does anybody else find this extremely worrying for our hopes of staying up this season ?.
    Im sorry but the blame has to lie somewhere and as we know over the years when any team struggles to win games over a certain amount of time, it lies with the manager whether we agree with it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    And Hecky still doesnt know his best squad yet, after all this time.
    8 games

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Agree ESR

1 up front 2 up front we just don't have the quality of players to accomdate either
    Put the blame where it belongs
    I don't think it's a case of blame it's just where we are

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    8 games

That's double what De Boer got

To Ponte & Acido- Your finger points at Hecky but did he sign ALL the players we have or were some players signed by someone else at the club? Hecky is head coach and not manager remember guys

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    8 games
    Ive told you Esr that Im basing my own criticism on what has happened since Jan this year, which as you know is a lot more than 8 games. How many of us were suggesting the same last season that he didnt know his best squad then and that he needed more time etc.
    Well time has moved on since then and hes had a full pre-season as well. And he and the rest of us are still no nearer to knowing what our best squad is. Whether he wanted to totally rebuild the squad and whether he is the one who actually signed them is another argument, but like it or not we're still losing most of our matches and we're still in the same clueless situation regarding the squad.

He didn't have a full pre season , a lot were signed near the end of the window . We've got or had key signings injured and it's a new team to last seasons. We were relying on McBurnie being a target man and through no fault of Heckys or the club really that fell through so he's left with what he's got up front.

Did you actually watch the Wolves game , we played really well second half .

Any side that lost players like Hourihane, Winnall , Bree , Scowen, Watkins , Roberts will take time to rebuild. Give them a chance to gel.
    Last edited by EastStandRed; 25-09-2017 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Remember Im only answering why I think Hecky will be or even is in danger when it comes to the so called sack race.
    If we're not capable of playing 2 up front because we dont have the 'right' players, then who on earth signed these players that we do have in the first place. And Hecky still doesnt know his best squad yet, after all this time. Is it just me or does anybody else find this extremely worrying for our hopes of staying up this season ?.
    Im sorry but the blame has to lie somewhere and as we know over the years when any team struggles to win games over a certain amount of time, it lies with the manager whether we agree with it or not.

Good question Acido. Who did sign these players
    Yes the blame has to lie somewhere & I think I have made it obvious where I think it lies just as you have made it obvious where you think it lies
    Just remember Hecky has only had some of these players for a few weeks Lindsay, McCarthy, Cavare, Barnes, Fryers,
    Pinnock, Pearson, Thiam, Williams,McGeehan,Potts,Gardner the longest serving of those been here since June the rest
    July /August with Isgrove injured
    For heavens sake give the manager a chance
    It's not his fault that we are in this position
    Personally I think given the foregoing he has done not too bad & then there's the Yiadom fiasco also not of his making
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 25-09-2017 at 09:37 PM.

Hes remained in charge hasnt he from the end of last season to the start of this season (and beyond), so err thats a full pre-season to me. When he actually signed those players doesnt alter that fact.
    I havent questioned whether we played well at Wolves, from what I hear we did play well there and were unlucky to lose. But apparently we offered little or nothing up front and thats where my other criticism about Bradshaw on his own up front again comes into it.
    The facts are that Bradshaw or Ugbo on their own up front = relegation for us before easter this season, if we manage to last even that long.
    If mad Keef Hill had taken us on this disappointing low run of wins over a 9 month period, how many fans on here would be so forgiving like they are towards Hecky ?.
    Last edited by Acido; 25-09-2017 at 09:48 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast