+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: next sacking

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hes remained in charge hasnt he from the end of last season to the start of this season (and beyond), so err thats a full pre-season to me. When he actually signed those players doesnt alter that fact.
    I havent questioned whether we played well at Wolves, from what I hear we did play well there and were unlucky to lose. But apparently we offered little or nothing up front and thats where my other criticism about Bradshaw on his own up front again comes into it.
    The facts are that Bradshaw or Ugbo on their own up front = relegation for us before easter this season, if we even manage to last even that long.
    If mad Keef Hill had taken us on this disappointing low run of wins over a 9 month period, how many fans on here would be so firgiving like they are towards Hecky ?.
    It doesn't matter if he was here if the players weren't then he hasn't had a full pre season with them . Most other clubs have two or three new players in the line up , we've got nearly a new squad .

When he's played Bradshaw and Ugbo together we've been over run in midfield, maybe he doesn't feel midfield are ready yet and the defence are all new lads from the lower leagues who need a bit more protection from that extra man .

Your posting here like its ME who is threatening to sack him!.
    Id like to think that we all as fans can see the points to each side of this argument, whether we disagree with them or not.
    But going back to my original reason for why I think he could be under threat, the results since Jan/Feb have been worryingly bad. And bear in mind when new owners come to a club, sometimes they insist on a new manager or coach anyway regardless of whats happened before.
    I was delighted when we scored at Wolves and I was sickened when we conceded again to lose the game, and this means I do want it to work out under Hecky. Im not going to bother naming replacements because thats not something I want to see happen.

We'll get it right. I have faith in Hecky. Ni mind all this 'since january' crap. These players are 8 games into it, not 8 months. 90% of em weren't even here last season.

We went to a team 2nd in league. We put in a creditable performance and were darn unlucky not to get a deserved point. Hecky gets abuse. His tactics get abuse. Is it me or is that too harsh on our head coach when all things considered?

It isn't just 8 games. When you're building a squad surely as a Head coach you have some mindset as to how that player fits into the team. For me, how the chuff can Potts, Moncur, Pearson keep failing and Mcgeehan, Mowatt, Mallan and Fryers not get starts? ( Mowatt out on loan and played out of position on wing with Hammill on bench at Bristol).

Why did he sign Thiam? Absolutely no thought process has gone into any of his signings.

He's still no nearer knowing his best team because he's only seen em' play on youtube. He's not the bee's knees. Be darn by xmas.

We'll finish 12th as sure as eggs is eggs

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    It isn't just 8 games. When you're building a squad surely as a Head coach you have some mindset as to how that player fits into the team. For me, how the chuff can Potts, Moncur, Pearson keep failing and Mcgeehan, Mowatt, Mallan and Fryers not get starts? ( Mowatt out on loan and played out of position on wing with Hammill on bench at Bristol).

Why did he sign Thiam? Absolutely no thought process has gone into any of his signings.

He's still no nearer knowing his best team because he's only seen em' play on youtube. He's not the bee's knees. Be darn by xmas.

Steve do you know who makes the signings at BFC because as usual we have no idea as it is shrouded in mystery
    isn't it? or can you say with confidence who decides?

As you eluded to Exile. We don't mate. On the manager front call it a sixth sense if you will. I've always had a gut feeling when things start to turn sour and a manager/ head coach isn't getting things right.

I'll concede that the transfer window has shut now so there is very little point sacking Hecky as a new guy has only the same tools to work with.

My recent posts are born more out of frustration that I'm sure we're all feeling right now. Get a result tonight and saturday and I'll happily eat humble pie

As you eluded to Exile. We don't mate. On the manager front call it a sixth sense if you will. I've always had a gut feeling when things start to turn sour and a manager/ head coach isn't getting things right.

I'll concede that the transfer window has shut now so there is very little point sacking Hecky as a new guy has only the same tools to work with.

My recent posts are born more out of frustration that I'm sure we're all feeling right now. Get a result tonight and saturday and I'll happily eat humble pie

Steve I share your worries about our results but I cannot think of any other manager who has lost all but 3 or 4 of his squad & has had to almost start from scratch
    Can anyone name another manager who has suffered such a fate because I can't?
    It's not Hecky who has cheated the fans is it?

For me, how the chuff can Potts, Moncur, Pearson keep failing and Mcgeehan, Mowatt, Mallan and Fryers not get starts?
    McGeehan coming back from a bad injury and only just started playing, Fryers has been injured and Mowatt is too lazy to play the way we want. Mallan has found it a big step up.

I think Potts and Pearson have done ok to say they've come up two divisions. Moncur hasn't been bad either .

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Steve do you know who makes the signings at BFC because as usual we have no idea as it is shrouded in mystery
    isn't it? or can you say with confidence who decides?
    My money's on Baz.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast