+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: next sacking

next sacking

who's next for the chop
    for me i think

Simon Grayson

Ronald Koeman

Hecky

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    who's next for the chop
    for me i think

Simon Grayson

Ronald Koeman

Hecky
    Hecky "No Way" he's going to Wednesday or Sunderland!!

Based on results alone (forget about performances and which players were sold etc.), surely nobody would be surprised if Hecky got sacked. Disappointed yes/maybe, but certainly not surprised, and some former managers have been torn apart for this sort of bad run of results.

Hes got the 'excuses' of lack of money and lack of expectations on his side compared to managers at other clubs, but Im guessing hes almost at the dreaded vote of confidence stage now.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Based on results alone (forget about performances and which players were sold etc.), surely nobody would be surprised if Hecky got sacked. Disappointed yes/maybe, but certainly not surprised, and some former managers have been torn apart for this sort of bad run of results.

Hes got the 'excuses' of lack of money and lack of expectations on his side compared to managers at other clubs, but Im guessing hes almost at the dreaded vote of confidence stage now.

There has been times in our past that I have accepted that a manager at a particular time deserved the sack but with the miracle that Hecky delivered over the past 18 months or so I wouldn't sack him even if we were on the brink of relegation
    Who could manage us any better under the circumstances {ideas please}
    No siree put the blame if it was to happen where it belongs

First thing new owner's 'll do is bring in their own man Acido. They'd be daft if they didn't. Would you want any more Hecky signings in january? I'd like a new man to look at squad first too.

I'd take Danny Wilson back as a consultant. He was a month of keeping us up last time. We had that run of so called easier games october to november n' drew games with Yeovil and Sheff Wed. If we'd sacked Flitcroft sooner we'd av' stayed up.

Wilson brought in Hourihane, Davies too. I called for his head too lol. However, I think it was players who got him the sack. Mansford was almost embarassed to sack him.

Everyone has a shelf life. Maybe as a manager Wilson is past his sell by date but that knowledge is valuable.

Exile Leeds' new owners brought in Hans Christian Anderson and he's working miracles. Surely our new owners could bring in a continental of our own. Maybe a manager from Germany like Huddersfield?

I dont want it to happen Exile and I was delighted when he didnt end up going to various other clubs when his name was mentioned.
    But Im at the stage now where I wouldnt be too disappointed if he goes, and its a shame to have to admit that. As has been said on here since the weekend, he hasnt done himself or the club many favours at all has he, since the start of 2017.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Exile Leeds' new owners brought in Hans Christian Anderson and he's working miracles. Surely our new owners could bring in a continental of our own. Maybe a manager from Germany like Huddersfield?

Steve I think you'll find that both Leeds & Huddersfield have much better squads than ours to work with

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    First thing new owner's 'll do is bring in their own man Acido. They'd be daft if they didn't. Would you want any more Hecky signings in january? I'd like a new man to look at squad first too.
    I'd take Danny Wilson back as a consultant. He was a month of keeping us up last time. We had that run of so called easier games october to november n' drew games with Yeovil and Sheff Wed. If we'd sacked Flitcroft sooner we'd av' stayed up.
    Wilson brought in Hourihane, Davies too. I called for his head too lol. However, I think it was players who got him the sack. Mansford was almost embarassed to sack him.
    Everyone has a shelf life. Maybe as a manager Wilson is past his sell by date but that knowledge is valuable.
    I never wanted Wilson out Ponty but I couldnt really disagree with his sacking when it happened as it wasnt working out the second time round. And despite Flicker doing superbly to keep us up when he did, I definitely agreed with his sacking when it happened at the end of November '13.
    Depending on when or if this takeover happens, the new owners will surely want their own man in and Im afraid Hecky doesnt have results to back his claim does he.
    Last edited by Acido; 25-09-2017 at 07:42 PM.

i think the new owner will sack hecky they will need the new man in before the jan window.

we need to be beating teams that are going to be around us so unless hecky turns it around in the next 6 games its curtains its a shame but thats football i wanted Wilson to stay he got sacked way too early.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast