+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: next sacking

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    Steve do you know who makes the signings at BFC because as usual we have no idea as it is shrouded in mystery
    isn't it? or can you say with confidence who decides?

Whoever it is does a decent job

Wow! Can't believe most of what I'm reading here.

I've no doubt too that there is one or two waiting in the wings following tonight's game. 😃

We'll be reyt.
    Join me with a spliff bruvs and chill art.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    We'll get it right. I have faith in Hecky. Ni mind all this 'since january' crap. These players are 8 games into it, not 8 months. 90% of em weren't even here last season. We went to a team 2nd in league. We put in a creditable performance and were darn unlucky not to get a deserved point. Hecky gets abuse. His tactics get abuse. Is it me or is that too harsh on our head coach when all things considered?
    Its not 'crap' though is it Pass, regardless of the circumstances Im pointing out here that last season from January onwards the team under Hecky could hardly win a game for whatever reason. And during that time some of his tactics and team choices were simply ridiculous. And now we've got a different squad admittedly, but sadly the lack of wins under him is still apparent.
    Tell me Im wrong then and that we HAVE actually been winning almost every game in the last 9 months.
    And I did ask what you all would have thought if we'd gone on this bad run under a different more unpopular manager like Hill or Johnson. Nobody would have been forgiving towards them would we.

Acido, your 9 months argument only holds water when you apply it to the club, it falls to pieces when you apply it to the team. We're clearly not the same team as we were 9 months ago. Back end of last season, we'd lost key players and it hit us badly. Now we're starting again from scratch.

The real question is can Hecky steer us into calmer waters with the current squad. I think he can, with a bit more patience from the fans. He's still got most of us on board, quite rightly he still has an enormous amount of goodwill behind him. I know that will only last so long, like most sets of supporters we're a fickle bunch, but I'm prepared to give him the time he needs to develop the players and produce results. I can't see us challenging for the play-offs, but a mid-table finish should be achievable. I'd be happy with that, all things considered.

I won't pretend to understand all of Hecky's selections or tactics, but he's the manager, I'm not. I don't see the lads on the training ground day in day out, so I'll defer to Hecky's professional judgement. Any talk of getting rid of Hecky at this stage of the season is just cobblers.

Sorry, forgot to add: No, we wouldn't have been as forgiving with Hill or Johnson. But they didn't take us to victory at Wembley twice either. You don't forget things like that, fickle or not.

Yes we are fickle and we do use selective memory, Im exactly the same when it comes to comparing Hecky more favourably against those two who I mentioned.
    But let me point out yet again here, I know all of what your posting there is correct Goat and Im not disagreeing with it.
    I AM however pointing out that our results in all that time, for whatever reasons, have been absolutely abysmal. I keep mentioning this again and again because its why I think he could be in danger of the sack, as most managers would be with such a disappointing win/loss record. And that is what this thread started about, isnt it ?.
    Last edited by Acido; 26-09-2017 at 11:19 AM.

"Yes we are fickle" (Acido)

Am not.

I wish Hecky would just play the following team as it would shut me up:

Davies

Mccarthy Macdonald Lindsay Fryers

Hammill Williams Mcgeehan Hedges/ Barnes

Thiam Bradshaw/Ugbo

With Mallan at least on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by Old Goat View Post
    Acido, your 9 months argument only holds water when you apply it to the club, it falls to pieces when you apply it to the team. We're clearly not the same team as we were 9 months ago. Back end of last season, we'd lost key players and it hit us badly. Now we're starting again from scratch.

The real question is can Hecky steer us into calmer waters with the current squad. I think he can, with a bit more patience from the fans. He's still got most of us on board, quite rightly he still has an enormous amount of goodwill behind him. I know that will only last so long, like most sets of supporters we're a fickle bunch, but I'm prepared to give him the time he needs to develop the players and produce results. I can't see us challenging for the play-offs, but a mid-table finish should be achievable. I'd be happy with that, all things considered.

I won't pretend to understand all of Hecky's selections or tactics, but he's the manager, I'm not. I don't see the lads on the training ground day in day out, so I'll defer to Hecky's professional judgement. Any talk of getting rid of Hecky at this stage of the season is just cobblers.

Excellent post OG

My sentiments exactly especially the 9 months applying to the club not Hecky
    With all this negativity about him I for one would not blame him if he up sticks & went, then who do we get?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast