+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Match Ratings v Exeter

Match Ratings v Exeter

OK...I'm starting to believe that we are the "real deal"......fast start when the pacy Aless lobs the keeper from the D, 25 minutes of total domination, then 15 minutes under pressure when Exeter should have scored from either of two glorious chances....things calmed down to where we knocking around the ball for fun
    Second half was more even, until Grant came on for Hawk (who was my MOM until then) and slams the ball home inside the 6-yard box from a header that dropped to his feet....the 3rd goal was the best, Forte who came on for a quiet Walker, added yet more pace to the attack, controls the box on the edge of the box, thinks about a shot once, twice...then calmly threads a slide-rule pass to the on-rushing Grant who slams home his 2nd......Magic
    Predictions - Notts are going up on this form, no real Wow-stars in the team (Grant and Hawk possibly) but they scrap hard for each other....and they believe they can win every game....Mansfield will be a bigger test than Exeter, who are going through a slump.

Collin - 8. Two good saves, one on 90 minutes plus some good punches clear when he was under pressure.

Hunt- 7.5 - This guy is not as good as Toots, but he's damn close. A couple of simple errors, one almost cost a penalty. Heart-in-mouth time in TarkersVille.

Duffy - 7.5. No real errors though I think he and Hewitt are not as good as when Brisley is playing. Could have dealt better with a few of the Exeter corners in heading it further away.

Hewitt - 7.5 Same as Duffy. He's a neat fit for Brisley, but somehow we don't seem as solid.

Dicko - 7.75. Good game. Solid, no errors. Got forward well overlapping the midfield

Milsom - 8 - MOM IMO. Excellent game. He and Yates are a good midfield duo. Very, very busy, in both attack and defence.

Yates - 7.5. Superb, strong tackling back and supporting the forwards. Needs to have more confidence in sliding the ball forward when gets in good positions, he prefers to pass sideways and backwards.

Walker - 6.5 - Very quiet game. He tries hard but seems to be slightly out of the game, it seems to pass him by. No errors. We played better as a team after he was subbed.

Hawk - 7.75. My MOM before being subbed to save him for Mansfield. This guy has skill, speed and he's not greedy. He was itching to score a replica of his goal v Lincoln. Kept cutting in from the wing looking for a chance.

Stead - 7 - Nothing of note. No errors, no spark of action. He's a target man, simple as.

Aless - 7.75 Pace to spare. Neat lob for his goal. Chased everything. Dropped back into midfield/wing when Forte came on.

Subs

Forte - 7.5. Added even more pace when he came on for the quiet Walker. His pass for Grant to score the 3rd is pure quality. Please, please play him every week.

Grant - 7.75 - What else can you say about this gem. Calm on the ball with superb ball-control. Now he's decided to get into the box even more, he's scoring for fun. Sign him up for £100k Alan, he's worth 10 times that....shhhhhhhh.

Smith - n/a

The-Mac pie
    The-Mac pie is online now International

Just got in..
    2:37 am.
    Road closures on motorways..
    Don't you just love em...
    Anyway Notts county.
    Blooming fantastic.
    Great midweek following for such a long journey.
    I tip my hat.
    Team selection was very different.
    4 changes...
    Dicko in for jones....Dickson was again outstanding.
    Hunt in for tootle....hunt was steady...got booked but tootle is my preferred choice.
    Walker for grant..walker hasn't done nothing for me...was my one dissapointment tonight..grant showed his class when introduced.
    Alessandro for forte..he put one heck of a shift in tonight and got himself a goal...
    Then forte came on and set grants second goal and what a sublime finish it was..
    Goalkeeper made two great saves to keep us on top.
    Duffy was very good tonight alongside Hewitt.
    Milsom and young Yates were top notch in that midfield...worked tirelessly.
    Terry worked his nuts off all night...just lacked that finishing touch in front of goal
    Stead did what stead always does...wins some,loses some then wins some again...very steady.
    So my observation of the day was!,,,
    Nice day around the city of Exeter..
    A massive win for Notts county,enormous heart and desire to win games of football nowadays,3 great points,a clean sheet bring on Mansfaild again...
    Yoooooooooooouuuu piesssssssssss
    Goodnight