+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nyom, penalties and Livermore.

Nyom, penalties and Livermore.

Absolutely the dumbest player we've had. What a senseless challenge that was to give away that penalty last night, and at the same time ensured Arsenal the 3 points. Then the idiot stood there applauding after it had been converted.
    Of course it was a penalty. Soft useless idiot!
    As for our early penalty shout, just how long does a ref play advantage after an incident before deciding the passage of play has gone on too long? Hard to say, but there is one thing that was certain in that episode: Livermore should have buried the bloomin' thing.
    Both Nyom & Livermore are well rated by Pulis. Must be, he keeps picking them! I don't think much of either. At least Nyom does show enthusiasm.

He didn't play advantage. You could see him mouth the word No straight away. He didn't think it was a penalty.
    That challenge was exactly the same as Greg's in the second half

Agree Chris. Nyom has a lot of enthusiam but he is a very average defender. As for Livermore, I can't recall one game where he has produced an outstanding performance, and in front of goal he is useless; how he gets picked for England is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Londonbaggie1968 View Post
    Agree Chris. Nyom has a lot of enthusiam but he is a very average defender. As for Livermore, I can't recall one game where he has produced an outstanding performance, and in front of goal he is useless; how he gets picked for England is beyond me.
    I would agree. Was sitting with Arsenal fans last night and it's more of a library than Old Trafford and West Brom supporters made more noise.

My observations last night

Stupid and needless free kicks given away - law of average any team would score at such a close distance
    Livermore - can't see what he contributes
    Whilst, I can understand Foster slowing the game down - not for the hell of me when 1-0 down and he wastes time and his goal kicks are still poor
    Shocking and needless foul from Nyom

As some Arsenal fans said ( sat next to us ) - you can't blame the manager for missed sitters and rightly or wrongly bringing on Philips, Rondon and Morrison at least Pulis tried to get something from the game. That said - the game was over with that pathetic tackle giving away the penalty.

Talking about penalties - sadly in life you get very little for being honest and had Jay been a Chelsea or Man City player then he would have stayed down and won a cast iron penalty.

Very disappointed..................

My observations from last night were this;

We played well first half, perhaps as well as I've seen us all season
    JRod...stay down and we win a penalty. Think he's a good player but his decision making is questionable. He should have scored his header and he had a chance to play HRK in at one point in the first half and shot. Poor game
    Barry, I thought had a poor game by his standards. Gave the ball away uncharacteristically a few times
    Livermore...I think he needs longer than a week off. Sit him on the bench for a few weeks. He's still an asset to the club but he looks all over the show at the moment. His open goal miss summed it up. Had he scored we wouldn't be talking about the pen
    The Ref...I don't often complain about refs but he was truly awful. He gave everything to them, so many soft free kicks. Even the free kick they scored from was a soft one (And he could have played advantage as Arse had the ball - like he did for the pen). He was booking our players for nothing tackles. Terrible performance and dare I say, big club bias? Whatever it was, he was sh1te
    Thought our best players were our back 3, particularly Hegazi
    We created chances and were pressing high up the pitch 1st half, it was encouraging to see. Had we have gone 1-0 up it would have been a different game.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    My observations from last night were this;

We played well first half, perhaps as well as I've seen us all season
    JRod...stay down and we win a penalty. Think he's a good player but his decision making is questionable. He should have scored his header and he had a chance to play HRK in at one point in the first half and shot. Poor game
    Barry, I thought had a poor game by his standards. Gave the ball away uncharacteristically a few times
    Livermore...I think he needs longer than a week off. Sit him on the bench for a few weeks. He's still an asset to the club but he looks all over the show at the moment. His open goal miss summed it up. Had he scored we wouldn't be talking about the pen
    The Ref...I don't often complain about refs but he was truly awful. He gave everything to them, so many soft free kicks. Even the free kick they scored from was a soft one (And he could have played advantage as Arse had the ball - like he did for the pen). He was booking our players for nothing tackles. Terrible performance and dare I say, big club bias? Whatever it was, he was sh1te
    Thought our best players were our back 3, particularly Hegazi
    We created chances and were pressing high up the pitch 1st half, it was encouraging to see. Had we have gone 1-0 up it would have been a different game.
    A very good summary imo wba. Back three good as you say, include Gibbs in the "good" category, and now and then you saw some promising moves from Krychowiak, who is still setttling in I believe. Others mixed good actions with poor, such as Nyom and Rodriguez.

I think that could also add Morrison to the poor category. I know he didn't come on until second half but he was woeful and stood ball watching most of the time when Arsenal played around him. I hope that Pulis can see that Nyom, Livermore and Morrison are not worthy of a place at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    He didn't play advantage. You could see him mouth the word No straight away. He didn't think it was a penalty.
    That challenge was exactly the same as Greg's in the second half
    I didn't pick up on that.
    We may have scavenged a point if it wasn't for Nyom's blunder. One up even the top sides sit on it in the last few minutes. Pressure may have told. Only may mind you.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    I think that could also add Morrison to the poor category. I know he didn't come on until second half but he was woeful and stood ball watching most of the time when Arsenal played around him. I hope that Pulis can see that Nyom, Livermore and Morrison are not worthy of a place at the moment.

Add Rondon to this list too!

Quote Originally Posted by Londonbaggie1968 View Post

In fairness LB68 Livermore was shattered by that point in the game and had already indicated to the bench that he wanted them to bring him off and arrange a fortnight in the Seychelles for him!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)