+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Russell

Russell

I wonder what Johnny Russell has said or done to upset Rowett? On radio derby Rowett said he was fit but had been left out of the match day squad for other reasons.

Probably not happy he has been dropped but despite the team not improving without him, feel it was the right decision by Rowett.

Rowett needs to be careful he doesn’t upset the players don’t want another problem on our hands, players going to Mel and wanting Rowett out because they don’t like how he is running the club and treating the players e.t.c just like Clement & Pearson found out.

Rowett needs to show these players that he is the boss and not them and if any player decides otherwise they will be out of the door it’s as simple as that.

Might his being left out have something to do with lack of end product? GR likes JR and has tried to sign him 2 or 3 times in the past. He now seems to prefer Lawrence, Weimann and Bennett to JR. Based on pre season and the competitive games so far this season, I agree with him. I would have Lawrence and Bennett start tonight in the 2 wide roles, provided Lawrence is over his groin problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Might his being left out have something to do with lack of end product? GR likes JR and has tried to sign him 2 or 3 times in the past. He now seems to prefer Lawrence, Weimann and Bennett to JR. Based on pre season and the competitive games so far this season, I agree with him. I would have Lawrence and Bennett start tonight in the 2 wide roles, provided Lawrence is over his groin problem.
    Well said, all the cobblers we hear about why players are left out, and I'm sure 99% of the time it goes no further than form. I 'like' JR because he looks like he's a trier, but that should be a given, all the others named are more capable of delivering, easy decision!

These players should realise that if they are dropped it’s because they have performed not up to expectations and the club as a whole needs to make adjustments to help move the club forward and the club are not afraid to make scarifices if it is deemed necessary.

If players can’t agree to those terms then the player simply doesn’t belong here and simply must move on.

He hasn't earned a place, and has been lucky to be playing the last year. He struggled to dislodge Ward when he was here, Dawkins was far more influential on our shape, and it's about time he lost his place. Personally I'd like to see Anya on the left but I suppose GR likes Weimann's pace.

Glad hes been shot ov

Him, thorne, ollson, baird and bent are without doubt the biggest wastes of wages in the championship imo,, get all 5 out the door in january, just ditch them off at alfreton towns gate ,, russell would be ok getting to it but would miss the entrance, thorne would pull his groin getting out the car, its ok though just kick him up the entrance.

If mid table meant we could get shot of some of the dross id take it right now

Mid-table with this shiite, joke!

Luckily there are worse teams in this division so mid table is about right. There must be something about Derby which makes good players become ordinary or crap, because on paper we have a very good squad but they just dont seem to have the tactics or a clue what they are supposed to be doing.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)