+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Burton v Villa

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    We're far from the finished article I agree stateside and Bruce isn't immune from criticism.
    However all I said was its a pleasing win and then I get a barrage of unpleasant comments.
    People in glass houses comes to mind
    That's not all you said though is it? Every goal was emphasised with a Bruce out comment to prove your point.

The thing is we have won 3 league games in a row sandwiched around a piss poor performance against Middlesbrough which we really didn't care too much about except we could have been competitive a bit; and his job is rightly secure at the moment. But, as you say it is a work in progress and we have to actually dominate a game or two before we will be firmly in his corner. It's nice to beat a little side with low paid players 4-0. It is something we couldn't do under Lambert and even struggled to win with O Neill, but we still looked for long periods of the game to be the side that was actually losing 4-0. But, credit to them and more credit if they can beat the potential banana skin on Saturday.

I get criticised and ridiculed I have every right to take the p .
    Whilst everyone's chuffed 3 consecutive wins

We ain't quite at the level of Arsenal Invincible’s ( just yet anyway)

So lets postpone the ticker tape parade down New Street

Quietly reverse your open topped bus back into Digbeth bus depot – for the time being eh ?

As for your “ridiculed & criticised “

Bongo your like a baby's diaper I.e Self absorbing & full of

To be fair Free. If it was our local neighbours to the Yam, there would be a Burton 0 Olbyon 4 commemorative DVD out.

No to be fair even if we get promoted the citisim will not change because we're not like arsenal.

Onomah got the 4th, some websites listed it as Adomah as the names are similar.

I think bongo was trying to be funny with the "Bruce out" stuff. But, maybe misplaced... 3 wins in a row guys - give credit where it's due. No team has ever played and won amd looked fantastic for the whole 48 game season.

Onwards amd upwards with a couple of tricky games now

Spot on Sam I was trying to be funny. Funnily enough I reckon Sam saw the funny side. It's the Bruse out brigade that seem to be a bit touchy.

How about we outplay a team and win? Too much to ask? You're right Bongo though. He gets us promoted with Dad's army and then what?

Johnstone. United will now be asking Pickford prices and it will be an auction of clubs after him.
    Elmo. Wasn't that good in the prem in his prime. Will need to promote Bree. Is he ready?
    Taylor. Downward slope was third in Swansea's pecking order and Borg ain't quite ready for the first team in this league. Let alone the prem.
    Chester - Keep
    Terry Retired Will need to promote Suliman or buy. Suliman will want away.
    Whelan. Will sell for half what we paid to a Championship team and same with Jedi
    Snodgrass- Will either go to West Ham or he'll have his choice of clubs. We'll be front runners to keep him
    Adomah - Will keep but he's now 30-31? And hardly any top flight experience
    Hourihane- Keep if possible
    Lansbury- Keep if he improves
    Onomah- Will be back to Spurs replace with Grealish
    Kodjia- If we are up he has had back to back good seasons so may have to sell, but will get decent money
    Davis Keep

So we will need 5-7 starters at Prem level including pretty much a new back four. Bruce took 8 games to get them to gel this season playing frigging Brentford who lost all their best players in the last two windows how is it going to be starting the season with Arsenal, Everton and Chelsea?
    Bruce in the same division as Potticino, Mourinho, Koeman and Konte? Mismatch. There is a reason he has lost his job after promoting clubs. Because most likely they will drop right down again. So just stay smug about a couple of decent results. I wanted a progressive manager with a long term outlook.
    Southampton did so well with their pedestrian manager Colin something and looked decent at first in the prem, but the owners knew it wasn't going to last and got in Potticino. Unfortunately they are still small and lost out to Spurs and subsequently Koeman to the Toffees, but they have another progressive manager that they want for the long term or at least until Liverpool tap him up when they tire of Klopp.

Spot on Sam I was trying to be funny. Funnily enough I reckon Sam saw the funny side. It's the Bruse out brigade that seem to be a bit touchy.
    Bongo

If the police start arresting people for being funny, you'd never be brought in for questioning

Hi Stateside... OK, if we were to go up this season (a big ask), your list of players needed is slightly unfair. To get promoted we would receive is...

The value of promotion to the Premier League this season for clubs that did not get parachute payments will be at least £170million and could reach a minimum £290million if they avoid relegation next year.

The figures, which come from the Deloitte Sports Business Group, are based on the extra revenue the clubs will get from the Premier League's broadcast rights next season and guaranteed parachute payments for two seasons if relegated in 2018.

(According to the Telegraph ).

Therefore, if man United wanted £15m -
    £20m for Johnstone that is fine!

Would Bruce keep his job and be seen as the long term solution? Nope! He would be sacked ruthlessly at the earliest opportunity and paid his £3m compensation and then, because the premier league is the holy grail Dr x could speak to his list of potential manager he would have been tapping up since May 2018.

As for player replacement - a new back 4 is a bit harsh
    I see no reason Taylor and Chester wouldn't still play, so 1 more CB and a RB needed. Midfield of Lansbury, Hourihane, Grealish, Snodgrass is ok if we buy another player so that's 1 more CM and CAM. Forwards, why would we have to sell Kodija? The best thing about you ludicrous amount in the prem is that teams no longer have to sell to one another. So we could bid £50m on a player like Ben Yedder or Icardi - strikers from European clubs as they want to play in the premier league.

It's all guess work at the moment and dreaming too. But I don't think Dr X would be quite as clueless or without a plan as you maybe are suggesting mate

Good points by both but I'm more enclined to agree with Sam on this one. I think the entire back 4 would do ok in the premiership.
    I think Terry has another season in him and Elmo is a big upgrade on Hutton.
    hourihane Adomah Green Kodjia Snoddy Davis would all be fine.
    I imagine Gabby Lansbury Hutton and a few others will get replaced and upgraded. I think Dr x will invest heavily once were hopefully promoted.
    The team looks like it's starting to gel now so the better football should come. However points are more important right now.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)