+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Burton v Villa

Points mean prizes! Exactly Mr Bongo! I don't honestly care if we have 10% possession amd win a game with the ball going in of gabbys fat backside

Like I already said, no team has ever completely obliterated other teams and walked this league.

We have 9 points from the last 3 games and have scored 7 goals in the last 2 games. I fail to see where negativity can come from - except just because we already registered so used to feeling crap about our team

The autocorrect is spectacular on this forum! *we are all used to feeling crap about our team

Quote Originally Posted by samhubball View Post
    Hi Stateside... OK, if we were to go up this season (a big ask), your list of players needed is slightly unfair. To get promoted we would receive is...

The value of promotion to the Premier League this season for clubs that did not get parachute payments will be at least £170million and could reach a minimum £290million if they avoid relegation next year.

The figures, which come from the Deloitte Sports Business Group, are based on the extra revenue the clubs will get from the Premier League's broadcast rights next season and guaranteed parachute payments for two seasons if relegated in 2018.

(According to the Telegraph ).

Therefore, if man United wanted £15m -
    £20m for Johnstone that is fine!

Would Bruce keep his job and be seen as the long term solution? Nope! He would be sacked ruthlessly at the earliest opportunity and paid his £3m compensation and then, because the premier league is the holy grail Dr x could speak to his list of potential manager he would have been tapping up since May 2018.

As for player replacement - a new back 4 is a bit harsh
    I see no reason Taylor and Chester wouldn't still play, so 1 more CB and a RB needed. Midfield of Lansbury, Hourihane, Grealish, Snodgrass is ok if we buy another player so that's 1 more CM and CAM. Forwards, why would we have to sell Kodija? The best thing about you ludicrous amount in the prem is that teams no longer have to sell to one another. So we could bid £50m on a player like Ben Yedder or Icardi - strikers from European clubs as they want to play in the premier league.

It's all guess work at the moment and dreaming too. But I don't think Dr X would be quite as clueless or without a plan as you maybe are suggesting mate
    Maybe I didn't explain my position that well, sorry. I do agree we will be able to buy those new players, however if Bruce couldn't get this team to gel playing against second rate opponents with second rate coaches how is he going to get them to gel against the top teams?
    As for Kodjia. If he has proven himself everyone is going to want him. We couldn't stop clubs stripping us of Milner, Barry, Drowning and Young when we were top 6. We couldn't stop them from stealing Benteke and Snake when we were bottom 6, now we would be newbies and we will struggle to keep him if the right club comes along and gets into his agents ear.

Taylor will be eaten alive in the prem. He is doing a great job for us but he's not getting any younger and last time he was there he was getting dropped and dropped further.

Help, I cannot see Aston Villa anywhere near the mid to bottom of the championship table! Have we been deleted? Now then, I don't want any smart answers like' look higher' silly.😎

Look higher silly

OK, imagine we get promoted - Kodija gets 20+ goals and we go up. Bruce adds to the squad - but builds around the following players:

Johnstone (bought for £20m)
    Chester
    Elmo
    Adomah
    Snodgrass (bought for £10m)
    Lansbury
    Hourihane
    Kodija

Players who hopefully have done well by the end of the season like

Davis
    Green
    Bree

He then adds a further loan deal for

Onomah

That's 12 players who could regularly start and do ok in the premier league (imo)

And that's only spending an over the top fee of £30m.

We bring in the likes of Callum Wilson, McArthur, Mbemba, Targett - experienced and sensible acquisitions or look abroad in the French league and we have the basis of a team that has played together with some younger lads coming in too.

Southampton didn't sell van Dyke, Liverpool didn't sell coutinho, Ozil and sanchez weren't sold by arsenal. The fact is now with the TV money clubs don't need to sell.

It's not about need to sell it is about agents telling their players how much better off they would be at Athletico Madrid over Chelsea. As we have this discussion I read that Arsenal, Everton and Manchester United have scouts watching Keinan Davis.

Just spoke to a friend. A rare breed, an American who doesn't support the glamorous teams that they all like out here, but supports the Vanilla.

He asked me this. You've seen Palace play this season right? I said yes. He said how do you think that Palace team would get on vs this Villa team? I said, Benteke is not injured right? He said nope. Benteke plays.

They'd kill us. I answered.
    He said Yep.

I am hoping we can get to play them in the cup in January to see if Villa can prove me wrong. I think it would be a great gauge of what we need to do.

Palace are pants, the new young and hungry Beast would see them off. Palace will be relegated this season for sure.
    Who would win? Villa at home in the cup, in the current form I would say us.

I tell you what - if palace are relegated it shows that with some teams it isn't about the manager or the players - theres something psychological going on. Newcastle should never have found themselves relegated with the team and manager they had at the time. Same with when west ham went down. The likes of wigan, Sunderland and us is different. We had all been ciruling the drain for ages.

If we went up this year and place down then that would be 3 players I'd want to snap up straight away

Townsend
    Zaha
    Benteke.

I bet he would come back to where he felt loved and at his best too!

I think it would be a perfect cup tie if they field a strong side to see where we have to improve.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)