+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Late goals

Late goals

Getting p+++ed off with throwing points away in last 5 mins for fk sake p h tell the players games not over until ref blows for end of match

Just dropped five places conceding that late goal ffs.

Shouldn't have gone 442

Davies should have save that, one handed feeble attempt, good strike but goalkeeping error for me

Playing 4-5-1 at home and protecting a 1-0 lead your bound to lose impetus, invite pressure and let in silly goals. Defence isn't good enough for the system we operate. It's that negative that you may only let 1 or 2 in but your never gunna score more than 1 anyway.

Points dropped again. Defintion of madness constantly doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Playing 4-5-1 at home and protecting a 1-0 lead your bound to lose impetus, invite pressure and let in silly goals. Defence isn't good enough for the system we operate. It's that negative that you may only let 1 or 2 in but your never gunna score more than 1 anyway.

Points dropped again. Defintion of madness constantly doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome.
    We lost when we went 2 up front at half time didn't we ? We were ok first half .

Would you say Hecky was to blame then?

we never attack in the last 10 mins of any match unless we are losing

potts should have come off halfway through first half he was clearly injured nearly fell over when he started second half ugbo never got a sniff i think thats why he went 2 up front there was far too much sloppy passing no one was pressing took a long range shot to scored never looked like adding to it.
    then well i keep on about him calamity Davies strikes again yes some say he saved us in matches well he has cost us in matches too since he became capt we haven't done well.

ponte said is hecky to blame ...... yes is my answer he has got to sort it out and quick

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Davies should have save that, one handed feeble attempt, good strike but goalkeeping error for me
    I don't blame Davies, from where I was sat the shot moved a lot in the air. Problem was the hole in front of the centrebacks, somebody should have been there to stop the shot from ever happening.

But if you're trying to see a 1-0 game out, you don't keep hoofing the ball back to the opposition and then sit deep and let them come at you. And certainly not with a 442 formation.

Annoying thing about their goal was it came from a free kick that should have been awarded our way , players switched off and it's 1-1 , Poor Official's again last night