+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: German kit

German kit

Germany has signed a deal with Nike to produce their kits, Nike will pay the German FA 100 Million Dollars per year. Adaidas pays half of that currently. But German people are angry at the change from Adidas to the American company.

Wonder if they'll chanbe the badge?

The amount of gammon outrage over that is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Wonder if they'll chanbe the badge?

The amount of gammon outrage over that is hilarious.
    I'm not a gammon nor am I outraged.

However, the cross of St. George has deeper symbolism that reaches back to '66 and beyond to represent this country.

Some multi-colour motif is not the national symbol. There are somethings need to be respected.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    I'm not a gammon nor am I outraged.

However, the cross of St. George has deeper symbolism that reaches back to '66 and beyond to represent this country.

Some multi-colour motif is not the national symbol. There are somethings need to be respected.
    I agree. As we continue to destroy our identity as a country, those that do not will over come us.

I've thought about this and concluded that if it upsets enough folk don't mess with it.

Some things are sacrosanct but I don't believe this is one. I see the stars and stripes given different colours on sports kits all the time. If it was the actual flag then fk no but its a little tag on the back of a sports shirt. I see no problem.

But I can understand why people don't like it - it could be seen as the thin end of the wedge.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    I've thought about this and concluded that if it upsets enough folk don't mess with it.

Some things are sacrosanct but I don't believe this is one. I see the stars and stripes given different colours on sports kits all the time. If it was the actual flag then fk no but its a little tag on the back of a sports shirt. I see no problem.

But I can understand why people don't like it - it could be seen as the thin end of the wedge.
    It's a case of death by a thousand cuts.

Slowly discrediting the symbols and emblems of our heritage and identity opens the door to further disassociation.

With a political class both sides, unrecognisable and not representing the majority of tax payers. The Collective history being vilified and slowly erased by the anti-social extremists seeing yet another national symbol being defaced by corporate vandals with EDI agenda has stuck a cord with people who have had enough.

When did we become a nation of 'minority rule'. The silent majority, the hard working men and women who's tax £££s are supposed to be used to benefit them and their families are being cheated across the board.

Sport is the one escape that millions of British people. The pride of our nation to see our teams step out on hallowed turf, sign the nation anthem wearing a shirt emblazoned with our red cross & three lions is one of the last remaining symbols of identity in this modern digital age.

We can not under-estimate what this means.

As a tolerant people, our country is one in which we wish everyone peace, prosperity, health and happiness for friends and family.

We need to protect that. The alternative is the future that Enoch Powell vocalised in his speech on April 20 1968.

No body wants that.

If it was an isolated incident, it could be passed off as a marketing mistake. However, it's not isolated, that's the issue.

That is my take on why so many people are so angry about this.

Just my opinion there is a good chance I'm very wrong but I haven't heard a compelling argument to the contrary.

Spot on Raga.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    It's a case of death by a thousand cuts.

Slowly discrediting the symbols and emblems of our heritage and identity opens the door to further disassociation.

With a political class both sides, unrecognisable and not representing the majority of tax payers. The Collective history being vilified and slowly erased by the anti-social extremists seeing yet another national symbol being defaced by corporate vandals with EDI agenda has stuck a cord with people who have had enough.

When did we become a nation of 'minority rule'. The silent majority, the hard working men and women who's tax £££s are supposed to be used to benefit them and their families are being cheated across the board.

Sport is the one escape that millions of British people. The pride of our nation to see our teams step out on hallowed turf, sign the nation anthem wearing a shirt emblazoned with our red cross & three lions is one of the last remaining symbols of identity in this modern digital age.

We can not under-estimate what this means.

As a tolerant people, our country is one in which we wish everyone peace, prosperity, health and happiness for friends and family.

We need to protect that. The alternative is the future that Enoch Powell vocalised in his speech on April 20 1968.

No body wants that.

If it was an isolated incident, it could be passed off as a marketing mistake. However, it's not isolated, that's the issue.

That is my take on why so many people are so angry about this.

Just my opinion there is a good chance I'm very wrong but I haven't heard a compelling argument to the contrary.
    Good shout Raga. I get it and I am on board with what you say, but ordinarily I wouldn't object to this idea but perhaps in today's climate we do need to draw a few lines in the sand.

It's disgusting how if you speak out against any of this kind of thing that you are accused of being a right wing extremist. Actually no, we are not, we are just reasonable people who don't want change and want things done in a certain way or not done at all in our own land whuch we pay through the nose to live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Good shout Raga. I get it and I am on board with what you say, but ordinarily I wouldn't object to this idea but perhaps in today's climate we do need to draw a few lines in the sand.

It's disgusting how if you speak out against any of this kind of thing that you are accused of being a right wing extremist. Actually no, we are not, we are just reasonable people who don't want change and want things done in a certain way or not done at all in our own land which we pay through the nose to live in.
    Change is the only constant. We as a nation have seem incredible changes over our life times.

That change has seen great advancements and improvements to the live of most in the country. However, every action has an equal an opposite reaction. Northern communities have suffered from Thatcher's destruction of the manufacturing base of the nation.

The subsequent governments, Labour or Tory have moved further away from their responsibility of representing the needs of the people. Pandering to the minority lunatics who scream the loudest from the side lines. Affording their elitist friends benefits across the board whilst negating the people who put them in power, those who pay the tax.

It's on and on. The dereliction of duty from those who should lead. The nonsense of the academic insanity, hate the phase 'Woke' but you know what I mean.

We are a nation of tolerance, until we are not.

What is needed is common sense, genuine adults to come back to the room and provide some common sense leadership.

Unfortunately, I just can't see that happening.

People need to stand up and demand change, before its too late.

True - common sense is all that’s missing (and, perhaps, a bit of backbone, you know, to take a tough decision and actually ‘lead’). For example, in many countries illegal immigrants, once arrested are put in jail for years. The UK gives free money to those arriving there.
    The former countries have no problems with illegal immigrants. Now, how can we possibly solve this problem……..?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)