+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: defensive frailties continue...

Yeah but Yates is a nice lad that smiles a lot in training sessions so he's going to get a game.

Quote Originally Posted by millavanilla View Post
    And if theyre not addressed, we'll be telling dr kemp and mr zil they was right...
    Dead right Milla. Another couple of poor performances and the cruise ship will be back in dock!

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    I weren't there so not going to comment about the performance. But team selection: Cummings should have been at Right back with Vaulks in midfield. What was Forde doing in the side. Then he brings Yates on again. JCH go in January, you are being treated like sh*t. Centre backs? Shouldn't have signed a player for the future. Needed one now.
    Gwru
    What evidence do you have JCH is been treated like ****?
    If you mean he’s not been picked because the manager thinks he’s not good enough is that incorrect?

Can you supply examples of JCH been worthy of a place?

Did you see JCH at Huddersfield earlier in the season?

How would he fit into our system?

What do you think he could bring to the team?

What his his goals ratio since playing with us?

Just start him up front with Moore and see how it goes
    Badly then sub him

I'll say it again, you can't keep playing Moore on his own , can't keep the same formation in every game or are other clubs thick?

Millertop

I’m a miller and I don’t care who plays as long as we’re doing well.
    I do think it’s all about opinions no problem but to claim he’s been treated badly is just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Millertop

I’m a miller and I don’t care who plays as long as we’re doing well.
    I do think it’s all about opinions no problem but to claim he’s been treated badly is just wrong.
    Agree with that. To suggest he's been treated like sh*t is ridiculous. Several RUFC managers and MKD and Donny all struggled to get him playing effectively. The club stood by him and gave him a new contract after his injury. I think he's had his chances and had his day. A bit like gwru in fact.

Yep. Balance of team totally wrong. Vaulks is ok as EMERGENCY full back but his best position is midfield. I didnt understand why Warney changed a winning balanced team into a losing unbalanced team. To me the team should have looked summat like this.

Rodak-
    Cummings Iekwe Wood Mattock
    Williams -on the right Potter Frecks Vaulks Newell-on the left=not central midfield where he is ineffective
    Moore

A couple more comments. I am hoping Purrington did have the excuse of not being fit because he was woeful down the left hand side. he must have got skinned 3 times in the first 5 mins.

The goalie made some good saves otherwise it could have been 5 or 6 to them.

Another sloppy goal conceded at the near post from a cross again for the first. How many is that this year? Come on Warney its getting to be a pattern surely you can see it? I would guess that because we tend to have big Moore defending set pieces and likely to win longer balls from them opposition teams see it as a better way to attack us from crosses and it obviously works.

The ref and linesman were sh ite and I saw nowt wrong with the goal for us.

A couple of our players: Vaulks and Moore needlessly get booked in the last few mins when the game was over.

what a crap atmosphere from both sets of fans. They only woke up second half after they rode a bit of pressure from us.

Blackburn? Will they go up? Not on that showing. If we had been owt like we would have at least took a point.

who do i blame for the defeat? 50% Warne/ 50% the players.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 27-09-2017 at 11:23 AM.

Following Davies near post goal on Saturday for Oldham you might have thought somebody would have drilled it into the defenders on the posts to hold their ground - alas they didn't and another sloppy goal is conceded .Our away form is very poor and I agree that Warne needs to change his tactics and have a game plan other than "joe did well in training so he's in the team"

Roly; I honestly don't think Warney knows his players, for me that game wasn't for Purrington, mainly because he hasn't had enough full games and we knew they were good at attacking

Like already said many times Vaulks his ok for cover at RB but we need a proper RB there before I explode

Oh and Rodak got booked after the half time whistle because he dared to protest

Too much power given to refs if you ask me
    Last edited by millertop; 27-09-2017 at 11:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by monty_rhodes View Post
    Agree with that. To suggest he's been treated like sh*t is ridiculous. Several RUFC managers and MKD and Donny all struggled to get him playing effectively. The club stood by him and gave him a new contract after his injury. I think he's had his chances and had his day. A bit like gwru in fact.
    I had my day when Denman won the Chelt' gold cup. I've been going downhill ever since!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast