+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: defensive frailties continue...

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Doesn't matter how many away games you go to, not going to change anything. If you aren't good enough you aren't good enough. Football is mostly ability but it's desire, commitment thrown in. Vaulks has got that in buckets. The likes of Forde or Yates have got neither. Taylor tries but it's misguided, nothing much comes from it. Frecks is doing ok. Towell I don't know, got my doubts if he's good enough.
    It's Towell's turn now ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Timbertop View Post
    We could and should have been 5 down at half time. Blackburn were far better in every respect and on this display we wont be picking up many away points. I don't want to see the woeful Vaulks and Purrington in a first team shirt ever again and I didn't think i'd ever say this but Taylor was sorely missed.
    Last night was probably the worst defending in that first half, I have seen for a long long time.The full backs were both so weak and slow.Vaulks is not a full back and at best, only a back up in midfield.Cummings must start on Saturday.Purrington I fear, is not showing any improvement,we should have brought in a proper left sided defender but Mattock will have to do until January, unless there is a youngster coming through.Richard Wood is very vulnerable to pace and I would bring Ajeyi back because even though he does the odd mistake he has the pace to recover.What about the lad from Brentford?He must be nearly ready to play.Last night Ryan Williams was by far the best player and it was only until Towell came on that we began to play with any threat.Forte and Newell offered little,while Frecks looked tired.Why did Towell not start with Frecks on the bench?I agree with Timber that Tayls was missed.He was with us behind the goal.Hope he is not out too long,in this division he has a lot to offer.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234