+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is it too early

The one I would love us to break is Big Sam's for the earliest promotion.

If we were to beat Mansfield and looking at the upcoming fixtures, that 10 successive wins record might be under threat. FGR and Barnet at home and Crewe and Carlisle away.

Maybe jumping the gun a tad.

To be fair I have to take some credit for the last 6 wins.

Since I broke my foot and "you piesed" Alan Hardy in A&E on sept 4th. We've picked up every single point.

I proudly display my black and white cast in support of the boys!

Unfortunately it has to come off on Oct 24th....

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    According to Wikipedia they were 11th after 10 games.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016...ey_F.C._season
    I think I may have been looking at the season before.

EDIT

Actually, scrap that... Your link debunks this..

I don't know what i was looking at there.
    Last edited by Notts_Pie; 27-09-2017 at 07:56 PM.

Any excuse for some further stats while we are in our current position. So KN's record as Notts manager is;

P33, W19, D6, L8. With a win ratio of 57.6%.

So that would equate to 63 points which is 1.91 points per game. Over a season this is 88 points. Automatic promotion form as I've said in previous posts.

We have kept this up for 6 months (over both this and last season) so need to keep it going for another 7 months.

The thing that stands out for me in all of this is consistency. We have been consistent the whole time Alan Hardy and Kevin Nolan have been at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by SolSigns View Post
    Historically and in terms of league form, it's really an extraordinary season for Notts already - and we're not even out of September yet!
    I recall similar excitement with Derry 15 Oct 2014:

and in typical recent Notts style we ended:

So let's say I'm hopeful but feet are firmly grounded.

If in six games time we've only picked up another 4 points I won't be excited.... my foot will be out of plaster though.
    Last edited by The_Don_ORiordan; 27-09-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    I recall similar excitement with Derry 15 Oct 2014
    Guilty as charged, m'lud. Although the excitement over Derry was of a different tenor, more surprised 'can't believe we're getting away with it' kind of thing. This year we're leading the pack and have the best start since '49, have just thumped second place, and Nolo's success is consistent from last season.

Right now I'm at Mad_Magpie's "cautious optimism" + a definite dusting of "could Nolo be big Sam 2?"

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    If in six games time we've only picked up another 4 points I won't be excited.... my foot will be out of plaster though.
    That's looking on the bright side! I hope your foot's out of plaster AND we're 12 points better off.

As much as this is a statistically 'great' start, we'll have a much better idea of what's really happening in six games time. If we do only manage 4 points out of the next 18, it would definitely be time to temper our expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by SolSigns View Post
    Guilty as charged, m'lud. Although the excitement over Derry was of a different tenor, more surprised 'can't believe we're getting away with it' kind of thing. This year we're leading the pack and have the best start since '49, have just thumped second place, and Nolo's success is consistent from last season.

Right now I'm at Mad_Magpie's "cautious optimism" + a definite dusting of "could Nolo be big Sam 2?"
    I do seem to recall posting at the time that Derry's Notts hadn't played a team above them and that the opening period had been against weaker teams.

Nolan's side has had a fair number of "will be there or thereabouts" oppositions so far plus a "plug and play" (nice term swaley) squad which can spread the load of a flurry of games.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast