+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: The Mighty Blades v Wolverhampton Wanderers

MATCH DAY POST: The Mighty Blades v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Well what a rapturous reception our lads will get tonight, as we quickly get back in action for the TOP SIX clash at home to Wolves. And somehow with CW in charge, you just don't expect anything but another top draw performance of effort and/or quality. Sure not all results will go our way this season, and this is as tough a test as we have faced at home this season, but yet there doesn't seem any reason to fear anybody. So bring on what should be a cracking game, great crowd and Wolves having the chance to go top, while we 'could' go second!!!!

Anyway...

Any team news?

A 'forced' same line up?

Or are some of the walking wounded a bit closer?

Stearman seemingly close?

But is that enough to dislodge Wright?

So really difficult game to predict but our record of only one defeat in our last 18 games played on a Wednesday - winning 15 of them, is a stat that that I hope will improve further tonight. Might see some tired legs at some point late on, but although the effort was first class at the rust bucket, we didn't actually have to run our backsides off once it went 4-2. Anyway, heart says 2-1 but head says 1-1.

UTB

I tip a 1-1 draw also mate,Henighan and Thomas weren't involved wi the U/23's on Monday so i'm wonderin if one or two may have knocks from Sunday,i know Tufty said we're ok fitness wise but he aint gunna gi any team news away is he? I'm really lookin forward to the game (i do every game)Wolves will be another good test for us.UTCB

Been some good games with Wolves over the years at The Lane,hope this is another one.

Have yer seen Henighan Rod ? If so what he like?

Quote Originally Posted by charliejoejohn2 View Post
    Have yer seen Henighan Rod ? If so what he like?
    Big(ish)lad,decent in the air,i wunt play him in front of those already in't side tho,but decent back up as of nar but when he's had some more Tufty trainin no doubt he'll do well for us in't future.UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 27-09-2017 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    Been some good games with Wolves over the years at The Lane,hope this is another one.
    Hope we fair better than we did last time! Although let's hope Big Leon performs the way he did for them that day

Same team again. Be a different kettle of fish from Sunday, but confidence must be sky high. A win would underline our credentials as a serious contender for the top six..

and we win

Steve Bull always seemed to score against us,good player he was,had some great battles with Stan

Pts Form
    1 Cardiff 10 23
    WDLDWW
    2 Leeds 10 20
    WWWLWL
    3 Wolves 9 20
    LDWDWW
    4 Preston 10 19
    DDWWDW
    5 Ipswich 9 18
    WLLWLW
    6 Sheff Utd 9 18