+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting it Right

Getting it Right

I came away from Dens the other night feeling dismayed about what had gone on.I wasnt too depressed by the result or the performance.What made me feel dismayed were the gaps among the Dundee fans in the Coxy and in the South enclosure.We have a board of directors supposedly trying to attract people to watch an attractive product failing miserably to convince the Dundee public to go to the game.McCanns team is worth watching no doubt about that.They would probably be an even better team playing to a bigger more enthusiastic crowd.We would all benefit from an improved enthusiastic atmosphere at Dens.The future well being of the club is in attracting customers .We have said it over and over that the Dundee board are pricing Dundee fans out of dens.The occassional fan -not the season ticket holders-will not pay the exhorbitant prices and come to Dens.The failed pricing policy will be evident again on Saturday when Hearts are at Dens.It was a fixture to look forward to but the DFC board have guaranteed to keep fans away by pricing it as they have.They have diminished the procduct and deterred fans from coming to Dens.Its a collective failure by the Dens board and its time they reviewed and corrected it.
    Last edited by Basher Bloggs; 27-09-2017 at 08:14 AM. Reason: Spelling correction

Football's expensive but we ain't anymore expensive than anybody else give or take a quid or two.

Probably still be 6500 there Saturday but would love it if there was 8000 -9000.

Simply not going to happen though.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Football's expensive but we ain't anymore expensive than anybody else give or take a quid or two.

Probably still be 6500 there Saturday but would love it if there was 8000 -9000.

it will be interesting to see the crowd on Saturday, a Cat A game, but not on tv, with a 3pm kick-off, I'd like to think just over 7k, that's based on them bringing 2k

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post

I was in Spain last year and went to see Malaga v Bilbao.
    Think they have cat a,b,c,d.
    I'm sure the Bilbao game was cat c and cost €30
    If you want to see Barcelona or Real Madrid, each game is €100 ,but you can buy a season ticket for €240 !
    I think the cat b game is over €40
    It would be good if our season tickets could be priced at a similar proportion
    Don't think the Malaga season tickets are subsidised

Quote Originally Posted by Basher Bloggs View Post
    I came away from Dens the other night feeling dismayed about what had gone on.I wasnt too depressed by the result or the performance.What made me feel dismayed were the gaps among the Dundee fans in the Coxy and in the South enclosure.We have a board of directors supposedly trying to attract people to watch an attractive product failing miserably to convince the Dundee public to go to the game.McCanns team is worth watching no doubt about that.They would probably be an even better team playing to a bigger more enthusiastic crowd.We would all benefit from an improved enthusiastic atmosphere at Dens.The future well being of the club is in attracting customers .We have said it over and over that the Dundee board are pricing Dundee fans out of dens.The occassional fan -not the season ticket holders-will not pay the exhorbitant prices and come to Dens.The failed pricing policy will be evident again on Saturday when Hearts are at Dens.It was a fixture to look forward to but the DFC board have guaranteed to keep fans away by pricing it as they have.They have diminished the procduct and deterred fans from coming to Dens.Its a collective failure by the Dens board and its time they reviewed and corrected it.
    Agree with this

Once it gets to a certain figure, boys stop going no matter how well DFC are playing

what next season 28quid?

And even less fans?

Quote Originally Posted by GB72 View Post
    Agree with this

Once it gets to a certain figure, boys stop going no matter how well DFC are playing

what next season 28quid?

And even less fans?
    why is there not a "£20's plenty" protest up here, maybe when they stop ripping off away fans, they'll also stop ripping off their own fans, killie Saturday, £20, thats perfect in my eyes

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    why is there not a "£20's plenty" protest up here, maybe when they stop ripping off away fans, they'll also stop ripping off their own fans, killie Saturday, £20, thats perfect in my eyes
    Doubt that would happen here
    Clubs down south can afford cos of tv money

Quote Originally Posted by _JohnGotti_ View Post
    Doubt that would happen here
    Clubs down south can afford cos of tv money
    We have a dreadful tv deal up here, clubs have to play hardball at the next negotiations

Surely bt and sky dont want swathes of empty seats at there games...

The Dundee B.O.D. appear to be trying hard to do just that.-empty seats dampened atmosphere and diasadvantage the team.They have mistakenly decided that charging £26 to get into a game maximises revenue.What it does is it reduces their fan base and leads to less income into the club over a season as the locked out fans lose interest in DFC. Anyone with half a brain can do a quick calculation and find that more Dundee fans into the ground over a season brings income far exceeding any financial benefits accrued by charging £26 for selected home games .Then there are the financial benefits to the food stalls, pubs, shops and so on.
    On top of that there is the feel good factor and the spin offs to the team and to the general community.
    As i said above a pricing policy designed to increase the number of customers coming in can lead to more income into the club.
    Clubs far bigger than Dundee price their matches to get the fans in.They operate from a position of knowledge and not the guess work that appears to exist inside the dens board.

Quote Originally Posted by Basher Bloggs View Post
    The Dundee B.O.D. appear to be trying hard to do just that.-empty seats dampened atmosphere and diasadvantage the team.They have mistakenly decided that charging £26 to get into a game maximises revenue.What it does is it reduces their fan base and leads to less income into the club over a season as the locked out fans lose interest in DFC. Anyone with half a brain can do a quick calculation and find that more Dundee fans into the ground over a season brings income far exceeding any financial benefits accrued by charging £26 for selected home games .Then there are the financial benefits to the food stalls, pubs, shops and so on.
    On top of that there is the feel good factor and the spin offs to the team and to the general community.
    As i said above a pricing policy designed to increase the number of customers coming in can lead to more income into the club.
    Clubs far bigger than Dundee price their matches to get the fans in.They operate from a position of knowledge and not the guess work that appears to exist inside the dens board.
    Less of a crowd does dampen atmosphere but more to it than pricing.

Pubs can look after themselves, food outlets don't think dfc get anything extra if bigger crowd.

Feel good factor I agree with.

I just think there isn't the market for huge increases in attendances out with the top 3 or 4 clubs.

Vast majority that go have season tickets and that's not going to change anytime soon.

Playing through the worst of the winter with an uncompetitive league are bigger problems than price.

New stadium (If it happens) will prove once and for all if there is a mass market for football.

Don't think there is but would love to be proved wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)