+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Praise where it's due

Praise where it's due

Although posters on here have been fulsome in their praise of Nolan, there has been little acknowledgement of the debt owed to Alan Hardy.
    Consider the hammering he got on here for his tweeting in the early stages; he listened and modified his behaviour. He realised that Notts' fans did not want a Trew Mark 2.
    He interviewed properly for the post of manager and chose wisely. He supported the new manager and his judgement rather than interfering.
    He's invested properly in Meadow Lane so that the players feel relaxed and at home.
    And now he is happy for the team and Kevin Nolan to lead the way rather than steal the limelight for himself.
    And best of all he's stayed clear of Notts MAD - a lesson his predecessor only learned at the end of his reign.

Not a bad summing up - for a Hull City supporter. I would add that the amazing atmosphere now at Meadow Lane emanates from his positive and optimistic style of leadership.

As one who has suffered from chronic cheerfulness all my life, I welcome the glass half full approach sooner than the glass half empty that some posters on here have.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Although posters on here have been fulsome in their praise of Nolan, there has been little acknowledgement of the debt owed to Alan Hardy.
    Consider the hammering he got on here for his tweeting in the early stages; he listened and modified his behaviour. He realised that Notts' fans did not want a Trew Mark 2.
    He interviewed properly for the post of manager and chose wisely. He supported the new manager and his judgement rather than interfering.
    He's invested properly in Meadow Lane so that the players feel relaxed and at home.
    And now he is happy for the team and Kevin Nolan to lead the way rather than steal the limelight for himself.
    And best of all he's stayed clear of Notts MAD - a lesson his predecessor only learned at the end of his reign.
    Her Hear.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    In AH we had a Notts fan who wanted to buy the club and KN a former captain that had played at the highest level throughout his career who wanted to make his way into management coming together.

Because they both joined the club at the same time this may have helped them both to galvanise their positions at the club and bring a fresh new approach. Both were rookies in their roles but they seem to be an excellent fit and have probably learned and progressed together. They have probably achieved more in terms of progress and development of the club both on and off the field in 9 months than what some club owners and managers do in a few years.

They are like a partnership and this can only be good for the club.

The pivotal point was getting the transfer embargo lifted and that on Alan Hardys part was ***** to give us a chance of staying up.

The appointment of Kevin Nolan was the WOW signing.

The investment in the pitch to give us the best possible surface.

The investment in the training ground at
    Basford giving us somewhere to train.

The investment in the conference and banqueting facilities to enable these to be the best.

The investment in the dressing room and gym facilities.

Lots of credit where it's due to Alan Hardy. As I've said before on another thread I have a feeling of pride in our club again.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    In AH we had a Notts fan who wanted to buy the club and KN a former captain that had played at the highest level throughout his career who wanted to make his way into management coming together.

Because they both joined the club at the same time this may have helped them both to galvanise their positions at the club and bring a fresh new approach. Both were rookies in their roles but they seem to be an excellent fit and have probably learned and progressed together. They have probably achieved more in terms of progress and development of the club both on and off the field in 9 months than what some club owners and managers do in a few years.

They are like a partnership and this can only be good for the club.

The pivotal point was getting the transfer embargo lifted and that on Alan Hardys part was ***** to give us a chance of staying up.

The appointment of Kevin Nolan was the WOW signing.

The investment in the pitch to give us the best possible surface.

The investment in the training ground at
    Basford giving us somewhere to train.

The investment in the conference and banqueting facilities to enable these to be the best.

The investment in the dressing room and gym facilities.

Lots of credit where it's due to Alan Hardy. As I've said before on another thread I have a feeling of pride in our club again.
    I don't care about hardy being on twitter at all. It's up to him.

All I care about is the fact he saved my club from heading into the abyss of the conference and employed a manager who makes the players play with a passion like I've never seen before. I'll always remember the 1-0 win over Barnet last year with 10 men. Never felt so proud of a bunch of Notts players.

Hardy is a legend in my eyes

Like a new marriage, everything will be hunky-dory for 6 months, a year...maybe two.

It'll be fun watching her in those ***y pencil skirts with matching leather thigh-high boots, make-up, long flowing hair that smells of lavender.

She's attentive in bed...and out, candle-lit dinners with red wine....she even brings a beer to you when you're sat in the garden and pretends to watch the footy with you and coos with delight when you explain the off-side rule.

Pretty soon you'll notice that she's packing on a few pounds, wears a sack to bed with week-old eyeliner caked to her slightly puffy face.
    You're pretty sure she's banging your mate and your bank balance looks oddly light......you are now watching footy in the spare bedroom/office, on low volume so as to not upset the screeching harridan that is sat with her soiled feet wrapped in a blankie...watching Corrie.
    The last time you saw any poontang was when you sneaked an hour of NaughtyHousewives.com when she went down to Asda for another 2 litre of Gutrot Cider....her 3rd that day.

You remember wistfully the day you met...you look at the pics....it seems so long ago now....you contemplate another divorce, but you haven't got the strength ......or the money left......at least Notts are on the up, you tell yourself, as you contemplate joining Tarkers under that palm tree.....she won't notice you're gone if you sneak out quietly.

Oops, back on topic...Yes it's great having new owners and a hungry new manager, I'm along for the ride....COYP

ps She's even started farting in bed...and you have to keep the windows open, even in winter....the heating bills are killing you, but at least you can breath
    Last edited by tarquinbeech; 28-09-2017 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Like a new marriage, everything will be hunky-dory for 6 months, a year...maybe two.

ps She's even started farting in bed...and you have to keep the windows open, even in winter....the heating bills are killing you, but at least you can breath
    They should come on a 2 or 3 year lease with guaranteed trade-up to latest model.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    They should come on a 2 or 3 year lease with guaranteed trade-up to latest model.
    Agreed - or like KN's new contract....2 or 3 years, with an agreement that if I get "a better offer", perks included...I'm allowed to depart for a set fee and a handshake...simple.

I asked her if she had any family pics that included her mother, she asked "why?"......I said I was just trying to get an idea of her shelf-life/sell-by date.....she laughed.....she thought I was joking obviously.

Outstanding post, Tarkers. Laughed hardest at the bit where she wears a sack to bed.

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    Outstanding post, Tarkers. Laughed hardest at the bit where she wears a sack to bed.
    It's a passage from my autobiography entitled "Oops, was that my life gone...I was still warming up?"

I notice good ole Hugh Hefner died today, 91 years old and still getting a fresh piece of Beef Curtain right up until the end....nice one, you dirty old bogger.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast