+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Billy Davies In The Frame For Oldham Athletic Job

Quote Originally Posted by DerbyDaDream View Post
    Thinking that Thompson Travel was the agency that I was booked with when in fact it was Thomas Cook. That’s what jumping to conclusion.
    That's not actually a 'conclusion'...it was just a straightforward mistake. I confused Thompsons and Thomas Cook...guilty as charged...but that's not a 'conclusion'...any more than 'That's what jumping to conclusion' is a sentence.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 29-09-2017 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    That's not actually a 'conclusion'...it was just a straightforward mistake. I confused Thompson and Thomas Cook...guilty as charged...but that's not a 'conclusion'.
    It was a mistake didn’t seem that way when you were dead on certain in your post that it was. Again you are jumping to conclusion and are making a complete pickle of yourself.

It was a mistake didn’t seem that way when you were dead on certain in your post that it was. Again you are jumping to conclusion and are making a complete pickle of yourself.
    No, it was always just a mistake. You went on holiday with Thomas Cook and I made the mistake of confusing them with Thompsons. No 'conclusion', no big deal, just a simple mistake and equally certainly no 'pickle' either.
    Not that I'm quite sure how one goes about 'making a complete pickle of yourself'. Perhaps it's a concept you're more familiar with.
    To return to my original point, I'd be more concerned about having libelled Thomas Cook if I were you.

No, it was always just a mistake. You went on holiday with Thomas Cook and I made the mistake of confusing them with Thompsons. No 'conclusion', no big deal, just a simple mistake and equally certainly no 'pickle' either.
    Not that I'm quite sure how one goes about 'making a complete pickle of yourself'. Perhaps it's a concept you're more familiar with.
    To return to my original point, I'd be more concerned about having libelled Thomas Cook if I were you.
    You supposedly made a mistake and simply confused Thompson Travel with Thomas Cook when I simply posted it previously who I was travelling with and you simply go and post it anyway without even looking and checking before posting and made a right pickle of yourself, which means your in a spot of bother by the way and which comes to the jump to the conclusion part of not thinking carefully enough.

Why do you get sucked in RA? Put on ignore and resist the temptation, life is much sweater and you dont waste time reading utter rubbish!

Have to admit to being at a loose end tonight WR. Just amused at the suggestion that I've been 'jumping to conclusions', 'made a right pickle' of myself and am apparently in a 'spot of bother'.
    I'd suggest that some of the 'conclusions' voiced about Thomas Cook earlier might lead someone into far more of a 'pickle' and a far more significant 'spot of bother' than me, especially seeing as one of the many people the faultless one has upset is a fairly major TC shareholder. We shall see.

Have to admit to being at a loose end tonight WR. Just amused at the suggestion that I've been 'jumping to conclusions', 'made a right pickle' of myself and am apparently in a 'spot of bother'.
    I'd suggest that some of the 'conclusions' voiced about Thomas Cook earlier might lead someone into far more of a 'pickle' and a far more significant 'spot of bother' than me, especially seeing as one of the many people the faultless one has upset is a fairly major TC shareholder. We shall see.
    You call yourself a TC shareholder who couldn’t get their name right how laughable.

Don’t kid yourself....

You call yourself a TC shareholder who couldn’t get their name right how laughable.

Don’t kid yourself....
    Ah, now you really are jumping to conclusions, and ill informed ones to boot.
    Where have I suggested that I'm a Thomas Cook shareholder? I said, 'one of the many people' you have upset 'is a fairly major TC shareholder'.
    Quite a lot to choose from and although I remain in touch with a number of those you have driven away from the board, shares are not something I have ever really been into.
    Anyway, you know what these financial types are like, well actually you probably don't, but he has shares in Thomas Cook, TUI and Carnival too I think. Isn't, as you might imagine, best pleased to see the price of his shareholding threatened by your comments and libellous suggestions, especially seeing as he's already more than a little fed up with you.
    Of course, as long as you don't recognise the libellous aspect of describing Thomas Cook, in your own inimitable way, as a...'bunch of f'king liers, do poor customer service and disgusting human piece of beings who don't give a crap about customer holidays and only care about the money'...then that's up to you.
    You may have got lucky with describing Adam Pearson as a 'crook' but describing, in writing, a major company in such a way is really not advisable, especially in the circumstances I've described.
    You never know, Uncle Rats will probably rush to your defence and refuse to reveal your true identity...but then why would he take the rap for moderating a forum where one of it's members repeatedly libels others?
    All food for thought anyway...I'd say 'good luck' with the court case but that would be disingenuous of me...so I'll just say farewell. As others have rightly pointed out, I've spent far too long 'talking' to you and will try and reserve any future comments on this site to the grown ups capable of joined up thought...if you haven't 'chased' them all away.

Ah, now you really are jumping to conclusions, and ill informed ones to boot.
    Where have I suggested that I'm a Thomas Cook shareholder? I said, 'one of the many people' you have upset 'is a fairly major TC shareholder'.
    Quite a lot to choose from and although I remain in touch with a number of those you have driven away from the board, shares are not something I have ever really been into.
    Anyway, you know what these financial types are like, well actually you probably don't, but he has shares in Thomas Cook, TUI and Carnival too I think. Isn't, as you might imagine, best pleased to see the price of his shareholding threatened by your comments and libellous suggestions, especially seeing as he's already more than a little fed up with you.
    Of course, as long as you don't recognise the libellous aspect of describing Thomas Cook, in your own inimitable way, as a...'bunch of f'king liers, do poor customer service and disgusting human piece of beings who don't give a crap about customer holidays and only care about the money'...then that's up to you.
    You may have got lucky with describing Adam Pearson as a 'crook' but describing, in writing, a major company in such a way is really not advisable, especially in the circumstances I've described.
    You never know, Uncle Rats will probably rush to your defence and refuse to reveal your true identity...but then why would he take the rap for moderating a forum where one of it's members repeatedly libels others?
    All food for thought anyway...I'd say 'good luck' with the court case but that would be disingenuous of me...so I'll just say farewell. As others have rightly pointed out, I've spent far too long 'talking' to you and will try and reserve any future comments on this site to the grown ups capable of joined up thought...if you haven't 'chased' them all away.
    Actually you have said you was a TC shareholder in you post line of “has upset a fairly major TC Shareholder” don’t contradict yourself because you know what you meant and therefore talk out of your own arse and therefore wasting peoples time and place so you now going on ignore.

Actually you have said you was a TC shareholder in you post line of “has upset a fairly major TC Shareholder” don’t contradict yourself because you know what you meant and therefore talk out of your own arse and therefore wasting peoples time and place so you now going on ignore.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)