+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Billy Davies In The Frame For Oldham Athletic Job

Billy Davies In The Frame For Oldham Athletic Job

Could we finally see the return of Good ‘Old’ Billy Davies return to management with Oldham Athletic after being out of a job since 2014 when he was manager of local rivals Nottingham Forest?

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/spor...s-billy-547243

I never realised For*** were local rivals of Oldham. Where is the place then. Must be up near Newark?

I was speaking in tone of Derby County not Oldham.

If there is any truth in these reports, it would appear that BD has changed his mind. He said in a recent interview that he had spent over £100K proving that there had been a huge smear campaign against him by the press and others which had led to his more recent sackings (recent as in the prvious 2 or 3 sackings as opposed to recent in time) and that he would put that proof into the public domain before returning to football.

I can't help feeling sorry for Oldham, although the "rumour" seems to be based on a bookmaker making him 2nd favourite. Hardly a reliable source.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    If there is any truth in these reports, it would appear that BD has changed his mind. He said in a recent interview that he had spent over £100K proving that there had been a huge smear campaign against him by the press and others which had led to his more recent sackings (recent as in the prvious 2 or 3 sackings as opposed to recent in time) and that he would put that proof into the public domain before returning to football.

I can't help feeling sorry for Oldham, although the "rumour" seems to be based on a bookmaker making him 2nd favourite. Hardly a reliable source.

He said in a recent interview that was before this job linked even came out so learn your facts beforehand before posting.

https://talksport.com/football/four-...s-170929256450

Looks like usual trash post from the triple D man aint it

Quote Originally Posted by Supertel Ramfan View Post
    https://talksport.com/football/four-...s-170929256450

Looks like usual trash post from the triple D man aint it
    Clarence also in the frame for the job not done anything while he was manager of AC Milan in his 4 months in charge but a huge risk for them putting an inexperienced manager in charge to change their fortunes around, bit like us when we hired Clement. Davies may have a conspiracy against him that has kept him out of management but he has the best record in achieving success then Clarence has had even though they have showed him around the stadium and talked one to one.

For God's sake, will you please try and learn to understand what has been written before spouting off?

I actually wrote that "it would appear that BD has changed his mind" in my very first sentence. I then went on to paraphrase that "recent interview".

The effect of that is that I acknowledged that the interview came first and the job link 2nd.......... so why don't you learn your facts before posting.

Really because it looks like you just come to terms with this just now after I posted it explaining it.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    For God's sake, will you please try and learn to understand what has been written before spouting off?

I actually wrote that "it would appear that BD has changed his mind" in my very first sentence. I then went on to paraphrase that "recent interview".

The effect of that is that I acknowledged that the interview came first and the job link 2nd.......... so why don't you learn your facts before posting.
    Theres an ignore button, it saves exasperation and wasting time!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)