+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Match Preview - Stags v Notts County

Match Preview - Stags v Notts County

Morning,

Stags fan in peace.

Have done a match preview below focusing on your perceiveved strengths/weaknesses

http://mansfield-musings.blogspot.co...ts-county.html

Thoughts welcome if they don't contain abuse

Cheers

Well Mr Musings (or is that an alias for Steve Evans?) you have certainly done your homework. An excellent preview worthy of anyone on a scouting mission.
    I would add that 'The bench' is probably one of the strongest we have had in quite a while, with players that can change a game.
    As you have most probably seen, 'The bench players' have slotted in without weakening the team,whenever KN feels he needs to rest players.
    This in turn keeps the opposition, and supporters, guessing which team may start.
    Apparently Shola is fit for the game but I don't think he'll start.
    Als there is the curse of the manager of the month awrd that is nailed on to go to KN....let's hope we can break that hoodoo.
    Here's to a good game, with the 'Pies coming out on top of course.

Quote Originally Posted by MTFCMusings View Post
    Morning,

Stags fan in peace.

Have done a match preview below focusing on your perceiveved strengths/weaknesses

http://mansfield-musings.blogspot.co...ts-county.html

Thoughts welcome if they don't contain abuse

Cheers
    That is a very good read sir... I agree with mostly all you have written there, Mansfield are blowing hot and cold at the moment but i do expect them to be there and there about's come May... as for tomorrow I have a feeling we owe you one and will sneak it by the odd goal so ill go for a 2-1 win to the pies.

Good, honest preview.

With Notts already having 6 points on the board this week, and 2 very winnable home games coming up, it's a bit of a free swing for us, all the pressure is on Evans and Mansfield. It really is time we won at Field Mill though.

Happy with a draw, delirious with joy if we win.

Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.

Think it will be a tight one tomorrow, best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by bigfatpie View Post
    good, honest preview.

With notts already having 6 points on the board this week, and 2 very winnable home games coming up, it's a bit of a free swing for us, all the pressure is on evans and mansfield. It really is time we won at field mill though.

Happy with a draw, delirious with joy if we win.
    Mansfield Town 0 the Pies 2

I can't remember ever being as relaxed about a derby game if I'm honest.

Not sure if that's due to the form we are in, the fact we don't "have" to win, the fact that losing wouldn't be the end if the world with two very winnable games coming up at home.

Probably a bit of all the above.

Would be bloody great if we did win though. Evans must be feeling that "favourites" tag hanging heavy around his neck right now.

At least we know what our best team is (or at least the choice of personal interchangeable but in positions), my stags mate reckons Evans doesn't have a clue what his best side is.

Early goal and it could be payback time.

Hope this is the right place to post this....Think it's going to be a free scoring game to be honest with each team battling to win a hard fought local derby, wouldn't be surprised if there will be a couple of red cards along the way....It will end up Them 3-3 Us with Grant scoring a 90+3 extra time free kick from twenty-five yards..

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    Hope this is the right place to post this....Think it's going to be a free scoring game to be honest with each team battling to win a hard fought local derby, wouldn't be surprised if there will be a couple of red cards along the way....It will end up Them 3-3 Us with Grant scoring a 90+3 extra time free kick from twenty-five yards..
    Sounding good until the last bit Wedgie - surely the Grant free kick would be from 33 yards?

Appreciated your breakdown there, a good summary of affairs

I don't like stags much, i've had my arse handed to me at field mill before, and I do feel Steve Evans looks like a new romantic reject

Basically, we'll win, and **** off mansfield.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast