+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rumblings Of Discontent

Tactical mistakes or not at times Hecky remains the glue that will stick this club to the championship .

The club couldn't have anyone better even with one or two warts emerging .

There isn't anyone else I want down there at the helm personally and he'd better keep his job if we are relegated too I might add .

Quote Originally Posted by DOOALI View Post
    Eggs in one basket MC Burnie isn't going to solve our goal drought sign an experienced goal scorer and fk the PLAN and wage structure it just might keep us up Amen
    Thats another thing that gets me, and yes I appreciate the much healthier position its put us in over the last 2 and a half years.
    But lets ease up now eh on this so called 'plan' of not going for players over 24-25. What if a perfect looking transfer was on the cards, an experienced pro who is 28 and is looking to stay in the Champship, and he liked the set up we have here etc. But we said sorry no you havent got any sell on value, we're going to take a massive risk on another unknown 19 year old instead because he just might be the next Tammy Abraham!!.
    Not all players need to have a sell on value do they, especially as we dont desperately need the money like we once did.

If he goes, we're done for.
    He knows the club, he knows (and chose) these players, and no doubt some of these players signed because of him.
    They all still put a shift in for him, and work for him and each other.
    Who, of any note, would come in and get more out of this squad?
    They can't bring anyone in until January.
    If we did get someone in, how long before the fans turned on him if results didn't pick up?
    If this takeover happens and they bring their own man in, that could be a massive own goal.

Don't know what people expect. Through no fault of Heckys, he has had to bring in 17 new players of which none apart from one has played at this level and look at a number of them not in pre season but has the season is underway! It is a near on impossible task and if we survive this season it will be one of the greatest achievements in our history.

When results are not going our way everyone seems to have the answer to how we are all of a sudden going to win games, play this player, play the other player, play this formation, two up top etc and that somehow this will work. Don't people think that Hecky goes through every scenario. Players have to be up to speed in a scientific, physical and mental capacity before they play at this level and there is nobody better qualified or in the know than our Manager whether the players who haven't been included yet are ready!

I understand frustrations and I hate to see us lose, it wrecks my week and pisses me off big time. But if we are going to have any chance we have to stick together and support the team! Everyone can have an opinion and a moan but to think that anyone could do it better than the man we have in charge is beyond me!

I really hope thats correct Animal because I dont want him to go, but like every other fan I DO want us to stay up this season.
    And Hodger, theres no guarantess at all of course of his replacement doing any better, if we did end up sacking him or if new owners wanted their own choice etc. But although I used to think it myself not so long ago, Im honest enough to admit now that it wont be the end of the club if he does go.

And Ponty, Im not sure about Barnes up front but Id like to see a proper chance for Thiam & Bradshaw or Thiam & Ugbo, surely he cant be yet another injured player waiting to heal ?.
    Last edited by Acido; 29-09-2017 at 06:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Thats another thing that gets me, and yes I appreciate the much healthier position its put us in over the last 2 and a half years.
    But lets ease up now eh on this so called 'plan' of not going for players over 24-25. What if a perfect looking transfer was on the cards, an experienced pro who is 28 and is looking to stay in the Champship, and he liked the set up we have here etc. But we said sorry no you havent got any sell on value, we're going to take a massive risk on another unknown 19 year old instead because he just might be the next Tammy Abraham!!.
    Not all players need to have a sell on value do they, especially as we dont desperately need the money like we once did.

How much money exactly or even roughly do we have ?

You tell me Exile.
    You quote me and ask me as though you havent got a clue, and make it look that I have all the answers.
    Well you know as much as I do and Im only going on the money we've made on sales over the last few years. Surely this has put us in a much more comfortable position where we can afford to reject a few big offers instead of accepting anybody whos got more than a tenner in their pocket!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    You tell me Exile.
    You quote me and ask me as though you havent got a clue, and make it look that I have all the answers.
    Well you know as much as I do and Im only going on the money we've made on sales over the last few years. Surely this has put us in a much more comfortable position where we can afford to reject a few big offers instead of accepting anybody whos got more than a tenner in their pocket!.

I haven't got a clue either
    You must have read my posts on this subject Acido about the difference in our spending compared to our incoming
    Try telling others on here that we have money in the bank so to speak
    We are £5 mill in debt according to reports
    So how would you explain that?
    Believe me I am not having a go at you but I genuinely struggle to know the answer

WTF. What happened to Friday fun? Much too serious a thread for a Friday!

I genuinely didnt know that or see that Exile, and if its true that we are still in debt right now after all the money we've made from sales and from Wembley etc. then thats an absolute disgrace.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast