+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: Nottingham Forest v The Mighty Blades

MATCH DAY POST: Nottingham Forest v The Mighty Blades

Well what a week it's been so far, now raising the Mighty Blades up to second in the table, and this afternoon seeking our seventh win in eight games! Another stern test away at Nottingham Forest, but yet it now feels we are capable of pretty much anything in La Liga. Out of form Forest will be looking for a positive result going into the international break, while we potentially - if unlikely - could be sat top of the table.....

Anyway...

Any team news?

Donaldson back in contention?

How do you dislodge Clarke though?

Billy presumably still out?

So an unchanged side again?

Or shuffle the pack a little due to three games in quick succession?

Sure to be a great following, and if the players show anything like the passion and quality of the last few games, then we should be in for a treat. Confidence is sky high at the moment, and probably totally opposite to our opponents. That said, we know how these games can go, history wise, but it feels totally different under CW. Time will tell, but I'll go for a 2-1 Blades victory. Whatever the result, though, I doubt there'll be much to moan about over the next 10 days or so......

Safe journey Blades, and bring us the 3 points back!

UTB

Quote Originally Posted by Not_A_Cheat View Post
    Well what a week it's been so far, now raising the Mighty Blades up to second in the table, and this afternoon seeking our seventh win in eight games! Another stern test away at Nottingham Forest, but yet it now feels we are capable of pretty much anything in La Liga. Out of form Forest will be looking for a positive result going into the international break, while we potentially - if unlikely - could be sat top of the table.....

Anyway...

Any team news?

Donaldson back in contention?

Billy presumably still out?

So an unchanged side again?

Or shuffle the pack a little due to three games in quick succession?

Sure to be a great following, and if the players show anything like the passion and quality of the last few games, then we should be in for a treat. Confidence is sky high at the moment, and probably totally opposite to our opponents. That said, we know how these games can go, history wise, but it feels totally different under CW. Time will tell, but I'll go for a 2-1 Blades victory. Whatever the result, though, I doubt there'll be much to moan about over the next 10 days or so......

Safe journey Blades, and bring us the 3 points back!

UTB
    Donaldson and Billy will be in and around the squad accordin to Tufty's latest interview,i'm tippin a 2-2 draw,but unless Leon's picked up a knock he surely should start but whoever Tufty chooses is alr8 wi me.UTCB

What a week it has been for us Unitedites,and if it was not for them cheating time wasting Canaries,what a month ,even with that setback,it has been remarkable

Same team for me,no need to change,winning teams dont feel tired.

So looking forward to this one.....
    Local match for me so have been listening to Tree Fans all week with their predictions and bluster....
    These dudes are half and half.....
    There's a core of fans who mostly sit to the left of us or above us who will be baiting us a la Millwall
    The ones over the years I have seen drop bags of urine from the upper bridgford or spit on you as you walk out.....
    They bang on about the play off loss and cup defeat and it's revenge time for all manner of things such as us beating Cloughie in the final game etc
    Totally fixed and full of venom- really hate us
    Some admit to hating us more than Derby
    Then the other half are quite reasonable folk they know and love football and appreciate the game for what it is
    Very complimentary about us and appreciate what we are about
    Spirit endeavour and actually play good football discourage divers and that side of the game you know hassling the officials and trying to manufacture results
    You'll hear them to the right of us mostly in the upper openly applauding us if we play well (not if we score though)
    I've sat there a couple of times when I couldn't get an away ticket and it's extraordinary
    They've had a turbulent few years and should have gone down last season
    They haven't been in league 1 but feel they have been in a dark place for a long time
    Dodgy at the back not cohesive in the middle but do have goalscorers well one dude in particular
    Warburton is unpopular and doesn't seem to know his best side
    For the most part they expect us to do them
    But we know how this can go
    Wounded animals are dangerous
    If we are organised defensively and Flecks and Coutts don't get an early booking we should be ok.....
    Not Rocket Science but it's the first goal scenario plus how we respond if we go behind
    They tend to crumble and can't get back in the game if they are chasing
    Ultimately they say the same as I would say about us
    You need to convert the genuine chances or you will be under the cosh.....
    Safe trip Blades.....
    I'll see you in the Bridgford Lower

I feel confident.

Quote Originally Posted by Not_A_Cheat View Post

Simple...You don't!

Although don't think he played for forest so he'll probably only get 1 today. UTB!!!

They sound a tad pessimistic about the game. If we play like we can it should be a positive result for us but as owd Jimmy said 'It's a funny old game'.

Lundstrom
    Duffy
    Donaldson

start

Brooks, Clarke & Lafferty on bench

team should be unchanged imo unless one or two are carrying knocks however tufty does like to shuffle the pack now and again and its great to have strengh in depth to be able to do that its doubtful forest will lose 4 at home on bounce so i would be happy with 1 1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast