+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mark Ellis

Mark Ellis

I see Steve Davis has just signed the CH on a 2-month loan ..............

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41428524

................but wasn't it the same manager who signed him - and then let him go, presumably deeming him not good enough - at the Alex!!??
    I often wonder how a player reacts in a situation like that. I guess they are able to rise above it, otherwise they wouldn't sign in the first place but odd all the same.

Happens all the time though.
    Mourinho did the same with Lukaku.

Football managers can be as fickle as fans sometimes!!

Don't think that it was quite as simple as that, I believe that wages and length of contract were an issue, surprise, surprise and he is signing on for a team that is 2 divisions lower than we were at the time.

Mark Ellis must be wondering what he has let himself in for in joining a team that seems to be in freefall, following all the years spent in the Football League. Having lost once again at home last evening, this time to lowly Gateshead, the Orient find themselves in 19th position in the National League. Just shows how difficult things can be once a league team falls through that trap door. Torquay struggled last season and they are doing no better this time around. Next to bottom, although last night, they did earn a useful three points away from home. Just hope that the Alex can maintain their league status.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick View Post
    Mark Ellis must be wondering what he has let himself in for ......

Leyton Orient fans must be wondering too ....... "Gateshead sealed the points in the 80th minute when Burrow pounced on Mark Ellis' short back pass ..."

I was someone who felt we should have kept Ellis at the time we released him. However, since leaving Crewe he has not been particularly successful. A spell at Shrewsbury cut short by being loaned to Carlisle. A loan to Forest Green when in the National League, and now at Leyton Orient. So maybe we were right to let him go. He did reasonably well for us for a couple of seasons so I guess we should be thankful for that

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe View Post
    Leyton Orient fans must be wondering too ....... "Gateshead sealed the points in the 80th minute when Burrow pounced on Mark Ellis' short back pass ..."
    Mark Ellis directed the ball in the right direction today against Wrexham, scoring the equaliser in a 2-2 draw.