+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The first 10 games

I'm relatively happy with the first ten games. I've shaken off the recent disappointment of the Wolves and QPR matches and am glad Mcgeehan is in the fold.

Optimistic that Hecky may have found a team he'll stick with. Two tough matches though next

I keep thinking back to the relegation team of 3 years ago and any comparisons to today's squad .

There aren't any , I'm not suggesting we have a squad of world beaters and it won't be a testing season but I believe we will have enough to stay up .

Think back to Mellis , Jennings , Kennedy , Mvoto , Wiseman and Frimpong , we are way above that shower as it stands today with hopefully improvement to come .

This season if need be Hecky could field two different 11's. That's the main difference.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I keep thinking back to the relegation team of 3 years ago and any comparisons to today's squad .

There aren't any , I'm not suggesting we have a squad of world beaters and it won't be a testing season but I believe we will have enough to stay up .

Think back to Mellis , Jennings , Kennedy , Mvoto , Wiseman and Frimpong , we are way above that shower as it stands today with hopefully improvement to come .

Agreed. That relegation squad had hearts the size of a pea. Strange because the year before they performed admirably and had hearts the size of lions to drag us sens art o the mire.

It shows how important the psychological impact a manager can have on his players can be. Them players ran through a brick wall for flitcroft and then something happened which turned them the other way.

I think Hecky has a good eye to spot a bad egg. They soon get dealt with as we've seen

"Something happened which turned them the other way". It must have been pretty catastrophic Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    "Something happened which turned them the other way". It must have been pretty catastrophic Pass

LOL careful mate tha'll ev pc brigade on thi back

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    LOL careful mate tha'll ev pc brigade on thi back
    I was of course referring to the relegation that followed. Shame on you pass

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123