+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I know where we went wrong today

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    On the subject of the wheelbarrow song, I've been thinking for awhile it's not sung anymore, it's a brilliant chant and when I was a kid and everyone did it I used to love it. In short more wheelbarrow song please from the song starters ha ha, I'll join in, I'm never first to the buffet at a party.
    Few good bursts of it last week...not been to an away game for a bit but I reckon we're one of few clubs where our home support is louder than our away support.

On the subject of the wheelbarrow song, I've been thinking for awhile it's not sung anymore, it's a brilliant chant and when I was a kid and everyone did it I used to love it. In short more wheelbarrow song please from the song starters ha ha, I'll join in, I'm never first to the buffet at a party.
    The Notts fans were singing and shouting away like good'uns on Saturday - for the first fif**** minutes or so anyway - but then the enthusiasm of the fans faded in proportion to the level of skill shown by the Notts players. An opposite reaction was given by the Mansfield fans to their players, as our voices went down, theirs went up. They sang to us, "You're an embarrassment! You're an embarrassment!" and "Top of the League? You're 'aving a laugh! Top of the league? You're 'aving a laugh!"

I'm not sure where you were sitting but is was sung several times at Mansfield

Quote Originally Posted by snipe_pie View Post
    Good post.
    We left 5 mins from end and was confronted by about 10 stags knuckle-draggers near the station. So yes chockwood you have them as well. More than us.

I'm sorry to hear that Snipe, yes we do have an awful lot of less desirable types, quite a phenomenon really given the size of the attendances here. I trust you got back ok.
    The earlier comment of quiet home support smacks of a bit of sour grapes, as the noise was tremendous , but I guess defeat again hurts. Saying that you want to beat us more than anyone (not you) is incredible and surprising . We have only one team we despise and you know who that is. Our rivalry creates nothing of the depth of hate between us and them. We are from the same county, and probably both get called Scab by kids too young to ever have been around, so it's hard to get like that.
    Some of your pillocks again tried to damage the bogs......why do they do that? Not so bad this time, so if your Councillor supporter was there again, perhaps he won't hold US accountable
    There was one funny comment I overhear while walking back to my hovel, and that was a County fan, about my age, loudly saying "At least we've got ****in homes to go to!" I felt his pain. Genius.

Hope we beat you again, hope you get up with us, no problem with that at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Chockwood View Post
    The earlier comment of quiet home support smacks of a bit of sour grapes, as the noise was tremendous.
    The noise was tremendous in the first half????? We barely heard you until you scored. The ground was pretty quiet on all four (oops, I mean three) sides until the goal went in.

Saying that you want to beat us more than anyone (not you) is incredible and surprising ).
    It was me who said the one fixture I would like to win more than any other was the one at your place. I worked in Mansfield for a few years and had some good banter with the Stags fans there. Bloody glad I'm retired now as I wouldn't have enjoyed facing them this morning! Why is it "incredible and surprising" that I should feel like that? What game should mean more?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    The noise was tremendous in the first half????? We barely heard you until you scored. The ground was pretty quiet on all four (oops, I mean three) sides until the goal went in.

Oh come on, you say you are retired now, well you should have some perspective and balance. Even your chairman says the home crowd was partisan and got behind the team.
    I know the pain of defeat is still raw again, but saying we are 'inbreds' and making little noise, makes you sound pretty immature for someone who calls themself 'Elite Pie'. Then the 'oops three sides' comment , well we didn't know that one you embarrass yourself. We won, deal with it.
    You will beat us one day, that's for sure, but it's football, that's how it is, but perhaps we will be a bit more gracious than you.
    At the end of the day it isn't a singing contest, that's part of it, but it's a football match, but name calling? You're clutching at straws.
    Roll on the return, whoever wins.

It was me who said the one fixture I would like to win more than any other was the one at your place. I worked in Mansfield for a few years and had some good banter with the Stags fans there. Bloody glad I'm retired now as I wouldn't have enjoyed facing them this morning! Why is it "incredible and surprising" that I should feel like that? What game should mean more?
    Ok well perhaps 'incredible and surprising ' is a bit OTT, but I thought you wanted to beat Forest more than anyone, but probably because you haven't played them for such a long time it has dulled a bit?
    As I say for us there is only one game we want to win more .

Ok well perhaps 'incredible and surprising ' is a bit OTT, but I thought you wanted to beat Forest more than anyone, but probably because you haven't played them for such a long time it has dulled a bit?
    As I say for us there is only one game we want to win more .
    You seem to be struggling a bit with this one. I said "the one fixture I would like to win more than any other" is the one at your place. Now I've studied the fixture list in detail, and the only time the word 'Forest' appears it is followed by 'Green Rovers', who don't rate highly on the list of teams I want to beat. If the scum version of Forest appeared on the list, they would indeed take precedence over your lot as the game I wanted to to win the most, but they're not there. I hope that's clear enough for you.

Bit unfair that, probably multitasking. ..shagin his sister while interactive on social media

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123