+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Irrational dislike

Irrational dislike

Reading a recent post about the 1988 season several favourite players of mine were mentioned. But I still shudder at the mention of Andy Sus***. I couldn't stand him and thought his sale to Southend was a stroke of genius. My other dislike was Neil Sorvel who has turned up as assistant manager at my local club, Altrincham. All seated near me said he was "steady" I said it's always sideways. With a player you don't like the good things are ignored and the mistakes seized upon. Anyone else have a bete noir from the past, or present?

Quote Originally Posted by steelydon View Post
    Reading a recent post about the 1988 season several favourite players of mine were mentioned. But I still shudder at the mention of Andy Sus***. I couldn't stand him and thought his sale to Southend was a stroke of genius. My other dislike was Neil Sorvel who has turned up as assistant manager at my local club, Altrincham. All seated near me said he was "steady" I said it's always sideways. With a player you don't like the good things are ignored and the mistakes seized upon. Anyone else have a bete noir from the past, or present?
    Neil Sorvel would walk into our team.

Sorvel was very much underrated and would certainly make a difference now.

Sorvel used to give object lessons in keeping the ball. Something the team really could do with right now!

Wrong thread for Sorvel.
    If there was one for late developer, better second time around, that would be more suitable.
    Duggy would fit into that category too.

Les Wain was pretty crap.
    But probably not quite as dire as Neil Warnock or Ian Macowat.
    Eric Snookes was probably only marginally better than Les Wain.
    All were pants.