+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kodjia greedy, Kodjia and Davis lazy???,

Kodjia greedy, Kodjia and Davis lazy???,

I read on a Villa forum this morning how Kodjia is out for himself and is greedy, not passing to Adomah. Another person said Hogan should have started because Kodjia and Davis are greedy.

Where to even start? I'm shaking my head.

Kodjia, I did level a little criticism at him last season for trying to do too much on his own. Well, as it turned out he was the only one getting goals for us so he probably felt he was carrying the team. This season though hasn't he got three assists? One of them was similar to yesterday when he squared the ball to Adomah? He was desperate to get off the mark for the season and had to have thought he'd got this. Plus, the keeper was clearly expecting him to pass and with two defenders closing in the square pass wasn't a sure thing either.

As far as lazy, he's not the sort of player to dig in with the dirty work, but he is the only one with 19 goals in him, so he must be doing something right.

Davis is a fighter but he was given no chance to fight yesterday. Every time we went route one to him he had a defender wrapped all around him and he was left looking for the ref to help him out, but the ref was absolutely garbage.

I didn't see the game but it'd becoming clear that kodjia and Davis could form a formable partnership this season. We're banging goals from the midfield too now so the pressure won't be as bad now for Kodjia.
    It's all looking really really good right now.
    Terry looks amazing next to Chester. Elmo and snoddy are forming a good partnership down the right. Adomah Hourihane Snoddy are all getting goals every week and the best is yet to come once Kodjia starts scoring.
    I really can't see us finishing outside the top 2. We're only 5 points adrift from 1st.

The Koj is greedy but that is what makes him our best striker, he was applauded the other day for the thru ball to Adomah. Yesterday yes, in hindsight he should have passed to adomah had he scored no one would have minded that decision. He is determined focused yes a tad greedy but try telling Harry Kane to stop shooting from 30 yards out!
    We've looked a real threat since he got back. Keep it up Koj.

Quote Originally Posted by bongosdad View Post
    I really can't see us finishing outside the top 2. We're only 5 points adrift from 1st.

Evidently the 1st of October signals the start of “Cockamamie prediction season”

Bongo has thrown down the gauntlet with his exceedingly foolish inaugural forecast!

We will see come April if I'm stupid or not

Statesy I wonder if Gabby was the original writer on the forum?

IF we finish in the top 2 then that'll be grand

And yes Bongo you will be heralded as Villamad’s answer to Russel Grant

After a sequence of “winnable” games we will soon be facing much sterner opposition/tests

An away fixture @ high flying Wolves may provide clearer indication of our progress

After watching Premier League teams over the past few weeks, I ain't sure we have the financial clout to be competitive in the Premier

But one thing at a time eh ?

Quote Originally Posted by yubbywelch View Post
    Statesy I wonder if Gabby was the original writer on the forum?
    Don't be daft Yubby. You really think Gabby can spell, let alone formulate a complete sentence?

I'm gabby. And so's my wife

Strikers who are greedy - Alan Shearer. Strikers who aren't - Emile Heskey.

I know which I prefer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)