Mrs Manx and kids out for an hour or two so been looking at league table and stats etc.

When I last looked Sheff Weds were 3 up against Leeds and got me thinking that this season more than any will be a very close affair.

So far we've played all of the top four and mustered a solitary point but who realistically expects to see Bristol City and Cardiff up there come May? Warnock is a wiley old fox in this division though I expect squad depth or lack of to catch up with them. Bristol City I don't think will sustain beyond Xmas (famous last words).

Eight sides above us have lost as many or more games and for those that think they can predict results try

Derby 5-0 Hull
Derby 1-1 Birmingham
Hull 6-1 Birmingham

All in the space of about 3wks...

To me this is what makes it all the more frustrating as a Derby fan as promotion is within the grasp of at least a dozen sides though at this point in the season I do t see us being one of them.

Moving on to our next game I don't see them challenging for the top 6 either and even at this stage of the season it looks much like local bragging rights being the only prize.

For the record I think Villa will win with a bit to spare. They could field two sides good enough to compete.