+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Reasons to be cheerful

Reasons to be cheerful

To paraphrase my old mucker Gene Kranz, 'Let's look at this from the standpoint of status, what do we have on the team that's good?'

Three match unbeaten run
    Unbeaten in four out of the last five
    An away draw against the top of the table team last time out
    Possible actual bargain in Ledley
    Winnall looks promising
    We appear to be looking forward to Keiftenbeld rocking up in January
    Likewise we can get a rejuvinated Bryson back in Jan, what a midfield we'll have then
    No CHANCE of defeat for the first half of the month
    Next game a guaranteed 3 points against a team even more rudderless than us AND in worse form
    Nice piece of silverware on the shelf all things being well come 5pm on 15th
    We are only seven points off the playoffs, a micron's gap at this stage of the season
    Edit: Game in hand, sorry I forgot the game in hand
    Derby Da Dream appears lost in France

I'm feeling rather 'chipper', GR better be fuelling the troops up for the Forest Game!

Anyone else dare to dream, you miserable bunch of realists?
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 02-10-2017 at 07:42 PM.

Is that what you wrote on the walls of your padded cell?

“Derby Da Dream appears lost in France”

Just got back home in the early hours of this morning so it’s good to be back in GB.

Reasons to be cheerful is we managed to sustain consecutive draws on 3 occasions and that is a sign of improvement but now we must turn those draws into wins and we can start that by beating Forest at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    To paraphrase my old mucker Gene Kranz, 'Let's look at this from the standpoint of status, what do we have on the team that's good?'

Three match unbeaten run
    Unbeaten in four out of the last five
    An away draw against the top of the table team last time out
    Possible actual bargain in Ledley
    Winnall looks promising
    We appear to be looking forward to Keiftenbeld rocking up in January
    Likewise we can get a rejuvinated Bryson back in Jan, what a midfield we'll have then
    No CHANCE of defeat for the first half of the month
    Next game a guaranteed 3 points against a team even more rudderless than us AND in worse form
    Nice piece of silverware on the shelf all things being well come 5pm on 15th
    We are only seven points off the playoffs, a micron's gap at this stage of the season
    Edit: Game in hand, sorry I forgot the game in hand
    Derby Da Dream appears lost in France

I'm feeling rather 'chipper', GR better be fuelling the troops up for the Forest Game!

Anyone else dare to dream, you miserable bunch of realists?
    Sounds good to me!

Well, one of your positive's is already up the spout......somebody found Doo da diddy!!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)