+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moussa

Moussa

His calamity Pass back aside I think people are being a tad harsh on him.

That was a tough gig yesterday against a robust hearts backline.

He will be disappointed with Pass back and getting caught offside so much but he did put himself about and never hid (cardinal sin for me).

He isn't a world beater but probably a similar standard to Haber.

Thought deacon had a much quieter game than moussa and cuda put himself about a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    His calamity Pass back aside I think people are being a tad harsh on him.

That was a tough gig yesterday against a robust hearts backline.

He will be disappointed with Pass back and getting caught offside so much but he did put himself about and never hid (cardinal sin for me).

He isn't a world beater but probably a similar standard to Haber.

Thought deacon had a much quieter game than moussa and cuda put himself about a bit more.
    Agree. Think McCann handled his error pass back well. Gave him time to play a bit in the hope that he might do something to redeem himself. Think MCCann has good man management skills. OK everyone near me thought he should have been subbied when he missed his chance at scoring but it is important that a manager looks after his relationship with all players and does not act in a way that might seem petulant or giving a public rebuke to a player.

Nothing to do with Saturdays game, I just don't think he's good enough, and have said this to mates from first game I seen him

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Agree. Think McCann handled his error pass back well. Gave him time to play a bit in the hope that he might do something to redeem himself. Think MCCann has good man management skills. OK everyone near me thought he should have been subbied when he missed his chance at scoring but it is important that a manager looks after his relationship with all players and does not act in a way that might seem petulant or giving a public rebuke to a player.
    Couldn't agree more.

Really really impressed with McCann.

Even the death stare at Moussa after the dugout tantrum was just enough.

His words to the press afterwards that he let him know he wasn't happy but it's now gone was also good.

I would also say 're the playing out from the back that he will take the heat from a sizeable minority of fans which again is fantastic.

I wonder if he will play moussa at parkhead. Hard one to call but I think he will play him.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Nothing to do with Saturdays game, I just don't think he's good enough, and have said this to mates from first game I seen him
    Got to agree here,we all love a good centre forward and to me some of my favs were not world beaters (sinky,annand,falconer)to name a few.He is constantly offside and that to me is criminal,could be defendable if most were marginal but he is normally a good yard off.If we are hoping to improve as a club we should be targetting better imo.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Got to agree here,we all love a good centre forward and to me some of my favs were not world beaters (sinky,annand,falconer)to name a few.He is constantly offside and that to me is criminal,could be defendable if most were marginal but he is normally a good yard off.If we are hoping to improve as a club we should be targetting better imo.
    Have been puzzled by his continual being offside. It seems to me that he is caught coming back from an offside position and then going to aattack the ball, rather than starting his run too early. Seems such a simple thing to fix.

It's lazy, end off

It's lazy, end off
    He ain't lazy.

Any player that walks when he should run is lazy, end off

Any player that walks when he should run is lazy, end off
    Since the new rules on offside came in very few centres make the effort to stay onside all the time, certainly very few run to make that effort.

No advantage in it.

Most are really looking for either that wee darting bending run from off to on or a 2nd phase play when it's an advantage to be in an offside position to gain a yard or so.

It's frustrating when a player is offside a lot but not as frustrating as never being off.

Griffiths is a master at strolling back. Not lazy though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)