+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gable Endies v Doonhamers: Irn Bru Challenge Cup 3rd Round

Gable Endies v Doonhamers: Irn Bru Challenge Cup 3rd Round

Kevin Graham is the appointed referee at Links Park on Saturday.

Good opportunity to get into the last 8 here. Montrose will have a right go but we surely have too much firepower for them. I would stick with Leighfield in goals as he has played the Irn Bru games so far.

I agree keeping Leighfield in goals to give him experience at this level. Hopefully Dobbie will hit the goal trail, not scoring since his hat-trick at Falkirk.

Still only 3 league goals to add to his 6 cup goals so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    I agree keeping Leighfield in goals to give him experience at this level. Hopefully Dobbie will hit the goal trail, not scoring since his hat-trick at Falkirk.

Still only 3 league goals to add to his 6 cup goals so far.
    The player who really owes the fans a half - decent performance is our Aussie striker (?) Lyndon Dykes and what
    better day than tomorrow on his 22nd birthday - that is if selected after a very poor season all round and only 5 goals in 50 plus appearances since his return to Dumfries.

I would be surprised if he would even get on as a sub tomorrow to be honest but you just never know.

Another long trip but since it is a new ground I am already looking forward to leave and fully expect to win but it won`t be that easy as Montrose have started well this season.
    Hope Dobbie and the team has there scoring boots on today.

Quote Originally Posted by QOS King View Post
    Another long trip but since it is a new ground I am already looking forward to leave and fully expect to win but it won`t be that easy as Montrose have started well this season.
    Hope Dobbie and the team has there scoring boots on today.
    Should be a more difficult game than the one against Berwick who had 5 or 6 players missing that day. Montrose have some vastly experienced guys in their squad such as Chris Templeman and ex - Arabs captain Sean Dillon while one Palmy connection is their goalkeeper coach is none other than Jim Butter allegedly one of the Doonhamers most expensive signings ever - Jim played 30 games in 1995 - 1996.

Templeman has been a steady striker over the years with a few good clubs in the lower leagues.

I attended many away games in season 1995-96 and remember watching Butters. I recall one midweek game at East Fife's former ground in Methil.

Queens Starting Eleven:
    Martin
    Rooney
    Marshall
    Fordyce
    Brownlie
    Tapping
    Stirling
    Rankin
    Kane
    Dobbie
    Jacobs

Subs:
    McFadden
    Murray
    Fergusson
    Akubuine
    Mercer
    Dykes
    Leighfield

I assume Lyle has an injury...

Two consecutive corners to Queens then Montrose score. The right back Masson scores from a cut back in 23 minutes

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)