+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Team selection.

Team selection.

If everybody on here was to be honest, how did they react when they saw our line up? I thought, yes, that's about right. We go two up and everything in the garden is rosy. They get a goal back and our whole approach changes. Rodrigues drops back to make a middle five and we do the predictable and that is to try and hold on to what we've got. To me the obvious argument is if we've got a two goal lead why not continue in the same manner that got us into that position. Our whole attitude to the game has to change as our tactics are so predictable that virtually every fan in the ground knows what will happen.
    On a slightly different subject, if I was Pulis I would be having a quiet word with McLean. I admire his enthusiasm but I would certainly tell him that his reckless tackling is costing us dearly; not just yesterday, but in general, as he is a 'walking red card'.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    If everybody on here was to be honest, how did they react when they saw our line up? I thought, yes, that's about right. We go two up and everything in the garden is rosy. They get a goal back and our whole approach changes. Rodrigues drops back to make a middle five and we do the predictable and that is to try and hold on to what we've got. To me the obvious argument is if we've got a two goal lead why not continue in the same manner that got us into that position. Our whole attitude to the game has to change as our tactics are so predictable that virtually every fan in the ground knows what will happen.
    On a slightly different subject, if I was Pulis I would be having a quiet word with McLean. I admire his enthusiasm but I would certainly tell him that his reckless tackling is costing us dearly; not just yesterday, but in general, as he is a 'walking red card'.
    I think the big problem yesterday was Dawson struggling so much against Richarlison he got no help in the first half from Phillips who had a poor game so at half time we changed the system which didn't really work, instead of taking Phillips off and bringing Nyom on to help shore up that side he brought McClean and Livermore on and moved lots of players around which left us totally lopsided and i think that's why we dropped deeper and deeper and we ended up with McClean on the right hand side trying to help Dawson, i said on another post that McClean lacks a football brain and he arguably cost us the win yesterday twice he broke in the second half but instead of passing to players in a better position he lost the ball and had a shot straight at the goal keeper he also had a great chance which the defender blocked he then compounded it all by giving away a stupid free kick, he can't be trusted and that's why he doesn't start more games.
    Last edited by saltnshake; 01-10-2017 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Undoubtedly Leicester buddy, McClean needs more than a quiet word. I love his commitment, but unfortunately there is an absence of talent. But more so, a lack of common sense and understanding. As you say "reckless" says it all. He needs to be rested for a while.

In terms of line up, indeed it was acceptable in my opinion also. The substitutions were odd. Notwithstanding our comments about McClean, to move him to the right flank was flawed and very strange.

We are in need of some decent performances to restore our (fans) confidence in the quality of the squad.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)