+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Be Careful What you Wish For

Be Careful What you Wish For

Still think the new players/squad need to be given time to gel and comments like Pulis out at this stage are premature. We need the rub of the green i.e decisions/poor goals and bad refereeing decisions have gone against us.

Could anyone do better than Pulis - no doubt they could. Will a top manager with premiership experience come to us - doubt it! Should we gamble on a novice/inexperienced manager who could do well but the odds would be more in favor of relegation.............. Not for me at this stage!

Everton have spent shed loads of money but look where they are at the moment! Look at Palace and Swansea! Sunderland had a decent manager last year and they are a bigger club than us but may drop another division.

So, whilst I am not entirely happy, I would say to stick rather than twist for sure. At the end of the day - Lai will be more concerned about staying in the premiership than supporters grumbling about more entertainment.

On a purely ruthless note - entertainment is what the owners see on the Profit and loss account at the end of the financial year in terms of increasing profits ( in our case ) In the Premiership supporters not going to matches now is irrelevant - ask Bournemouth whose crowds are not much larger than Walsall.........

I do agree though - players are being played out of positions - and players like Livermore should be dropped. That said - I would expect a non league player with a one on one/open goal to hit the feckin target, and if they don't - you can hardly blame the manager!

Whilst not happy with our current tactics in general, this post does have much to commend it.

At last a voice of reason. Thanks Baggieal for restoring some faith. There's only one thing that could possibly make me give up on West Brom and that's the fans. I went to comment on a facebook post this morning but after reading some of the miserable whingy comments I thought to myself, whats the point. We could win 5 matches in a row...lose one and we would be back to the same old whining. Top marks!

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    At last a voice of reason. Thanks Baggieal for restoring some faith. There's only one thing that could possibly make me give up on West Brom and that's the fans. I went to comment on a facebook post this morning but after reading some of the miserable whingy comments I thought to myself, whats the point. We could win 5 matches in a row...lose one and we would be back to the same old whining. Top marks!
    Things will gel! I was at Arsenal and we were unlucky, with a bad refs decision and hardly the fault of Pulis that we gave away stupid free kicks, missed a couple of sitters and Nyom made a clumsy tackle. Yes things could be better in the garden but hey there's injuries and players need time to gel and they will.

So if Pulis gets stick, than you would have thought Everton supporters would be imposing Sharia Law on their manager with what they have spent! But no - West Brom fans are more vocal than Everton's - why is that?

Don't get me wrong, there are things, I am not happy with and would not have allowed Livermore ( mentally drained for club ) then to going to join up with England. That smacks a bit and would have kept him at West Brom going to see those honest folk who really are mentally drained on 600 quid a month and not on the 50K a week to which he will be paid!

So to even call for Pulis to go after 7 games and in 10th position is plain stupid in my opinion. 20 games should be more of a benchmark to see if we have improved on last year

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Things will gel! I was at Arsenal and we were unlucky, with a bad refs decision and hardly the fault of Pulis that we gave away stupid free kicks, missed a couple of sitters and Nyom made a clumsy tackle. Yes things could be better in the garden but hey there's injuries and players need time to gel and they will.

So if Pulis gets stick, than you would have thought Everton supporters would be imposing Sharia Law on their manager with what they have spent! But no - West Brom fans are more vocal than Everton's - why is that?

Don't get me wrong, there are things, I am not happy with and would not have allowed Livermore ( mentally drained for club ) then to going to join up with England. That smacks a bit and would have kept him at West Brom going to see those honest folk who really are mentally drained on 600 quid a month and not on the 50K a week to which he will be paid!

So to even call for Pulis to go after 7 games and in 10th position is plain stupid in my opinion. 20 games should be more of a benchmark to see if we have improved on last year
    My sensible head tells me you're right. Unfortunately though.... That's four league games at home and we are getting worse. The football (if you can call it that) is absolute dross. I make it two wins in 17 league games. I may be wrong on that but not by much.
    The team will not gel he has used four different formations in three games. He doesn't know his best team or even what players to play where. His in game tactics defy logic.
    I keep being told this is the.best squad we've had in recent times. So who's fault is it they play like they've never seen each other before?
    I guarantee if Pulis had that Watford team they'd play exactly how we play.
    The positive is we are unbeaten at home he can cling onto that one til Man City destroy us.
    Sorry mate he should have gone at the end of last season as I said then. He's a busted flush.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    Win 5 games on the trot ??? Since March we have won one yes ONE league game at home . Scoring a grand total of four goals.
    Just for the record I pay my money apparently that entitles me to whine.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    My sensible head tells me you're right. Unfortunately though.... That's four league games at home and we are getting worse. The football (if you can call it that) is absolute dross. I make it two wins in 17 league games. I may be wrong on that but not by much.
    The team will not gel he has used four different formations in three games. He doesn't know his best team or even what players to play where. His in game tactics defy logic.
    I keep being told this is the.best squad we've had in recent times. So who's fault is it they play like they've never seen each other before?
    I guarantee if Pulis had that Watford team they'd play exactly how we play.
    The positive is we are unbeaten at home he can cling onto that one til Man City destroy us.
    Sorry mate he should have gone at the end of last season as I said then. He's a busted flush.
    Can understand your thoughts but you can't get rid of a manager after 7 games and we are 10th and should have at least another 4 points minimum through bad luck. At least 15 games, then lets see if things have changed.......

So do Palace get rid of Hodgson after two thrashings and should Everton ( look at their spend ) immediately boot their manager out? Leicester won the league so should Shakespeare be castrated as they are fourth from bottom with him in charge and someone recommended him to us - what a joke! Steady Eddie was being touted as the next English starlet of a manager and they are second from bottom and have a decent squad - should he be hung on Sandbanks?

Come on - it's 7 games! You can't blame Pulis for sitters being missed which a school boy could put away...... I do agree though about Livermore and some players played out of positions so not thrilled myself but have a sense of reality................

Since we hit 40 points last March, our form and results have been dreadful. The performances in close season were dire. This season shows no sign of getting better.
    We have a reputation of being one of the true footballing clubs, and that reputation is being destroyed with every game.
    I went round the pub to watch us against Man City away last season, and i was embarrassed. One shot and one goal when we were 0-3 down.
    I never expected to win but we never came out of our own half. Not just against the top teams either, look at Brighton.
    This isn't the club i fell in love with.

Can understand your thoughts but you can't get rid of a manager after 7 games and we are 10th and should have at least another 4 points minimum through bad luck. At least 15 games, then lets see if things have changed.......

So do Palace get rid of Hodgson after two thrashings and should Everton ( look at their spend ) immediately boot their manager out? Leicester won the league so should Shakespeare be castrated as they are fourth from bottom with him in charge and someone recommended him to us - what a joke! Steady Eddie was being touted as the next English starlet of a manager and they are second from bottom and have a decent squad - should he be hung on Sandbanks?

Come on - it's 7 games! You can't blame Pulis for sitters being missed which a school boy could put away...... I do agree though about Livermore and some players played out of positions so not thrilled myself but have a sense of reality................
    I am not talking about other teams. I am talking about Albion.
    It's not just 7 games though is it? I am not calling for his head after 7 games. Its after over twelve months of forgetable rubbish. Giving the opposition the ball for 70% of every game.
    It's tripe mate.

You could also argue that Watford should have scored 1/2 dozen. You can't pick and choose a couple of incidents in a game to base the case.
    Our 1st 7 fixtures couldn't have been much easier: Bournemouth, Burnley, Stoke, Brighton, WHam, Arsenal, Watford......
    To stay up we should have pencilled in a target of at least 13 pts at this stage. We're going to have to draw at ManCity, ManU, Chelsea, and Spurs to make up the points we would have targeted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)