+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Linfiled - play youngsters or a strong side?

Why would anyone exaggerate a crowd when you have to give half the money to the opposition , anyway well done to the young lads , good experience for them.

Didnt have any expectations for the game today, that dropped when i saw the team and were kept low by the lack of direct chances on goal. Started to enjoy things more as the second half wore on and fully expected them to score! After that no10 did his twirlys in front of the GF, i really wanted the win and couldnt have asked for a better way to win!

Raith in the next round and bow out quietly please!

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    I feel we have to offer some sympathy for this muppet as he may have confusion issues after being hit with an axe
    If the Fun had started this tournament they would be out by now having been beaten by Peterhead or Airdrie

It's always good to see off any Hun side and in stoppage time with a reserve side out, very pleasing.
    The mini Huns had the full repertoire of hate.

They got what they deserved. David Healy swallowed a spacehopper.

Quote Originally Posted by deebuster View Post
    The mini Huns had the full repertoire of hate.

They got what they deserved. David Healy swallowed a spacehopper.
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Basher Bloggs View Post
    What an embarrassment.
    And the crowd was given as 1,900.A huge lie.
    I counted 734 spectators.
    The atmosphere was red hot.
    An embarrassment to football.
    At half time McDonald said united were in the top 5 in scottish football
    Away back to your ane midden you clown 🤡

I’ve been one of Mackinnons biggest critics on here but credit where it’s due.
    He picked a young and inexperienced side that could easily have been well beaten by a team that played in the European cup this year.
    Well outplayed in the first half but the better team in the second half and deserved the win.

Great result!
    Not go into any details but look at it anyway you want but I am a proud Arab tonite.
    'Play youngsters or a strong side?' asks the opening post.
    We did both, well done Ray McKinnon.
    11 changes and we scubbed Norn Iron's best!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Didnt have any expectations for the game today, that dropped when i saw the team and were kept low by the lack of direct chances on goal. Started to enjoy things more as the second half wore on and fully expected them to score! After that no10 did his twirlys in front of the GF, i really wanted the win and couldnt have asked for a better way to win!

Raith in the next round and bow out quietly please!
    Would you be happy enough if we saw of the Rovers with our ladies' team?
    There's no escaping our hold on this trophy.
    That was a terrific result today with the team we had on.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    Would you be happy enough if we saw of the Rovers with our ladies' team?
    There's no escaping our hold on this trophy.
    That was a terrific result today with the team we had on.
    I would be happy if they went all the way and win this Diddy Cup for the second time, but there are bigger things that we must attain this season! There were players in that team tonight that could help us through the season, i would just hate to see them being burnt out when they were needed having played U20s, Diddy Cup and some top games.

Please dont get too excited now by thinking the league is won already just because of 2 good wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I would be happy if they went all the way and win this Diddy Cup for the second time, but there are bigger things that we must attain this season! There were players in that team tonight that could help us through the season, i would just hate to see them being burnt out when they were needed having played U20s, Diddy Cup and some top games.

Please dont get too excited now by thinking the league is won already just because of 2 good wins!
    Taylor, Ritchie, Allardice and Chalmers could walk into our Chmpionship XI right now. These Irn Bru Challenge Cup games are invaluable, not the opposite. We did not miss out on promotion last season because of this cup, we benefited from the momentum it built.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)