+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vegas shootings

Vegas shootings

Furk me, a local guy aged 64 kills 50 people and injuries by the score in Las Vegas !!

An absolute tragedy! People at a country music festival just having a good time. More than 400 injured people. I wonder what the shooter's motive was. He's dead now, maybe we'll never find out.

Dreadful. Could be any one of us, anywhere, anytime.

The world is a sad place at the minute.

unbelievable, opening fire with machine guns from a 32nd floor window!!!

The guy obviously knew the best place to hit as many people as possible, the Mandalay area is always thronged, the evil basta*d couldn't miss. Hope he died a painful death.

I see IS claimed credit for it straight away saying he converted to Islam only for FBI to come out later and say that was all rubbish.

His brother sounded distraught on the radio though, saying the last thing he heard from his brother was this morning when he sent a text asking how their mum was.

The poor families of the 58 though - they expect hte number to grow as well

Horrible horrible situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    I see IS claimed credit for it straight away saying he converted to Islam only for FBI to come out later and say that was all rubbish.

His brother sounded distraught on the radio though, saying the last thing he heard from his brother was this morning when he sent a text asking how their mum was.

The poor families of the 58 though - they expect hte number to grow as well

Horrible horrible situation.
    It couldnt happen in this country thank god,when the american constitution was drawn up the only weapons they had were muskets that take at least 30 seconds to re-load..
    Surely they must realise that this amendment should have been linked with the advancement of weapon technology..
    Although I have every sympathy with the loved ones of the victims,I have no sympathy with a country that ALLOWS these atrocities to happen on a regular basis..Obama tried when he was in power and hes gutted that he couldnt get anywhere with his proposals..
    Why the feck does anyone need a machine gun to protect themselves in a supposedly civilised country???

Agreed Ash.

They had a campaigner for gun control on and she said even with something like this she can only hope and she doesn't think anything will happen because of it.

He had 10 guns and "significant" amounts of ammo. As you said Ash, wouldn't happen here.

The Whitehouse said "it's too early to talk about gun control"

Aye, let's not rush into anything, eh? It's not like it happens regularly over there...

Quote Originally Posted by ashingtoon62 View Post
    It couldnt happen in this country thank god,when the american constitution was drawn up the only weapons they had were muskets that take at least 30 seconds to re-load..
    Surely they must realise that this amendment should have been linked with the advancement of weapon technology..
    Although I have every sympathy with the loved ones of the victims,I have no sympathy with a country that ALLOWS these atrocities to happen on a regular basis..Obama tried when he was in power and hes gutted that he couldnt get anywhere with his proposals..
    Why the feck does anyone need a machine gun to protect themselves in a supposedly civilised country???
    The gun lobby in the U.S. is massive as is the National Rifle Association, it is embedded into their society. I have traveled the length and breadth of the country over the years and have never ever seen anyone brandishing a gun but you sense it. Luckily I have never had a hint of a problem. They will never give up their guns as it's written into their constitution, some states even have laws allowing guns to be carried on their person at all times anywhere, no wonder they have these sort of atrocities over and over again. Moronic !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)