+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: First Quarter Report

First Quarter Report

We are at the quarter stage of the league season (well technically its half time on Saturday). So, I thought it would be a good time to look at how the Millers are doing currently.

Management

I think that Paul Warne and his management team are now winning over the doubters. Mistakes on selection have been few and much depends on how fast we improve away from home.

Recruitment

I think it’s fair to say that PW and the recruitment staff have done well. All the new signings look good with Moore, Ihiekwe, Williams, Potter, Rodak and Towell all looking assured. Warney has had bad luck with Ball and Proctor in terms of injury, but the former may well have a part to play.
    January may well be an interesting time. A couple of more players with Rodak, Moore and Towell being signed permanently will do nicely (I wish).

Football style.

Generally exciting, fast on the break and, certainly at home, lethal. Still miss plenty of chances, but don’t all clubs. The defence has come in for criticism, but they look a lot more assured with Wood in there and the goalie is beginning to make his Marek (pardon the pun)

Resilience

It’s been a long time since they came back to draw or win when going a goal down and winning from losing positions was a good habit when we were last in this division. We need to develop this habit quickly if we are to challenge, particularly away from home. Certainly much fitter than the last couple of seasons.

Summary

After last season, isn’t it nice to be winning matches? Overall, the Millers look a lot more assured and perhaps, just perhaps a top six placing may still happen. For those doubters, I offer a couple of historical facts. Firstly, the Millers current position is Played 11, goals for 21, goals against 13, points 18. Compare this to 2013/14 season when we finished 4th. Played 11, goals for 16, goals against 15, points 19.

And finally, what about this fact from the first 11 matches of 2016/17. Goals for 14, goals against 14, points 18. No, not the Millers but that was the record of Sheffield United. Doesn’t mean a thing I know, but interesting all the same.

All to play for. Up the Millers.

Quote Originally Posted by sCORaFU View Post
    We are at the quarter stage of the league season (well technically its half time on Saturday). So, I thought it would be a good time to look at how the Millers are doing currently.

Management

I think that Paul Warne and his management team are now winning over the doubters. Mistakes on selection have been few and much depends on how fast we improve away from home.

Recruitment

I think it’s fair to say that PW and the recruitment staff have done well. All the new signings look good with Moore, Ihiekwe, Williams, Potter, Rodak and Towell all looking assured. Warney has had bad luck with Ball and Proctor in terms of injury, but the former may well have a part to play.
    January may well be an interesting time. A couple of more players with Rodak, Moore and Towell being signed permanently will do nicely (I wish).

Football style.

Generally exciting, fast on the break and, certainly at home, lethal. Still miss plenty of chances, but don’t all clubs. The defence has come in for criticism, but they look a lot more assured with Wood in there and the goalie is beginning to make his Marek (pardon the pun)

Resilience

It’s been a long time since they came back to draw or win when going a goal down and winning from losing positions was a good habit when we were last in this division. We need to develop this habit quickly if we are to challenge, particularly away from home. Certainly much fitter than the last couple of seasons.

Summary

After last season, isn’t it nice to be winning matches? Overall, the Millers look a lot more assured and perhaps, just perhaps a top six placing may still happen. For those doubters, I offer a couple of historical facts. Firstly, the Millers current position is Played 11, goals for 21, goals against 13, points 18. Compare this to 2013/14 season when we finished 4th. Played 11, goals for 16, goals against 15, points 19.

And finally, what about this fact from the first 11 matches of 2016/17. Goals for 14, goals against 14, points 18. No, not the Millers but that was the record of Sheffield United. Doesn’t mean a thing I know, but interesting all the same.

All to play for. Up the Millers.
    Quite simply, yes^^^^