+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT: Sadly Tom Petty died today

OT: Sadly Tom Petty died today

I know there will be a few fans of the great man on here. Collapsed with a heart attack at Malibu, aged 66. Bob Dylan said to be devastated. Made some wonderful albums as a rocker then worked brilliantly under Jeff Lynne.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I know there will be a few fans of the great man on here. Collapsed with a heart attack at Malibu, aged 66. Bob Dylan said to be devastated. Made some wonderful albums as a rocker then worked brilliantly under Jeff Lynne.
    Just seen it on the news Sidn, to say I was shocked is an understatement another great musician gone at just 66....Tom Betty and the Heartbreakers.....

One by one the Wilbury's are moving on to the next stage of their travels. RIP Tom, few could craft a song like you.

Saw him live at Sheffield Arena around 93/94 - great musician.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Very confusing story Sidders... some media outlets saying he is dead and others saying he is on life support but still alive... one the best musicians i have every heard and so sad no matter which one is true.

2 minutes ago it has been reported he has been removed from life support, RIP Mr Petty

Still NOT confirmed apparently. All a bit weird...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/lapd-cl...m-petty-death/

Yeah, seems reports of his death have been exaggerated.

RIP Tom Petty one of the Greats, now there are only two Willburys.