+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FGR - most important game of the season so far

FGR - most important game of the season so far

For the third season running losing to Mansfield away could put the mockers on a Notts' resurgence. I feel Saturday's game against Forest Green is the most important game so far this season as anything less than a good win could really dent the players' confidence. Last season drawing to Mansfield at home started the Nolan bandwagon.

I just hope that it was a blip on Saturday and KN gets the players up for the game against FGR.

As an aside, I quite liked Cooper at Notts and felt sorry for him as first time he applied Fullerton was given the job over him and when he eventually got the job, he had to sort out the s*** that Ray Trew had given him.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    For the third season running losing to Mansfield away could put the mockers on a Notts' resurgence. I feel Saturday's game against Forest Green is the most important game so far this season as anything less than a good win could really dent the players' confidence. Last season drawing to Mansfield at home started the Nolan bandwagon.

I just hope that it was a blip on Saturday and KN gets the players up for the game against FGR.

As an aside, I quite liked Cooper at Notts and felt sorry for him as first time he applied Fullerton was given the job over him and when he eventually got the job, he had to sort out the s*** that Ray Trew had given him.
    To be honest I couldnt agree less. Exeter was our most important game so far and we passed with flying colours

I don't see why Cooper deserves any sympathy, nobody forced him to take the Notts job and if he was that upset with Fullerton being appointed ahead of him the first time why come back again when he was then sacked? I'd say the fact JF got the job ahead of him in the first place doesn't look great on Coopers part.

Once Cooper was here whether he had to "sort out the s***" Ray Trew had given him or not he did a p*ss poor job of it and HE made multiple bad mistakes that cost us games and the way he got Liam Noble out of the club to sign him for Forest Green was just plain dirty. The fact he'd decided he was going to FGR whilst under contract with us and thought telling the Notts players before ANOTHER humiliating defeat against Carlisle speaks volumes of the man imo.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    To be honest I couldnt agree less. Exeter was our most important game so far and we passed with flying colours
    Nice

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    I don't see why Cooper deserves any sympathy, nobody forced him to take the Notts job and if he was that upset with Fullerton being appointed ahead of him the first time why come back again when he was then sacked? I'd say the fact JF got the job ahead of him in the first place doesn't look great on Coopers part.

Once Cooper was here whether he had to "sort out the s***" Ray Trew had given him or not he did a p*ss poor job of it and HE made multiple bad mistakes that cost us games and the way he got Liam Noble out of the club to sign him for Forest Green was just plain dirty. The fact he'd decided he was going to FGR whilst under contract with us and thought telling the Notts players before ANOTHER humiliating defeat against Carlisle speaks volumes of the man imo.
    There were a lot on here clambering for Cooper's appointment and then praising it when he got the job. After the first game debacle, he did pretty well with a poor squad at a club in complete turmoil. Losing to Mansield 5-0 finished the season. Trew stopped backing the manager and the club as he wanted to get out. Cooper realised there was no future under Trew so left. What was wrong with that? By the the time Noble left for FGR, he was already told he wasn't being retained, but not by Cooper as it wasn't his decision. Oh how some can rewrite history.

There were a lot on here clambering for Cooper's appointment and then praising it when he got the job. After the first game debacle, he did pretty well with a poor squad at a club in complete turmoil. Losing to Mansield 5-0 finished the season. Trew stopped backing the manager and the club as he wanted to get out. Cooper realised there was no future under Trew so left. What was wrong with that? By the the time Noble left for FGR, he was already told he wasn't being retained, but not by Cooper as it wasn't his decision. Oh how some can rewrite history.
    Direct quote from Cooper - "I spoke to him after the game and I told him not to come back. I will ring him when I want to speak to him."

If I'm rewriting history Mark Cooper must be a liar..? We lost 4-0 to Portsmouth, 5-0 to Mansfield after changes he made at half time, 3-1 to the mighty Barnet and 5-0 at home to Carlisle but yeah except for those results he did a pretty stellar job...

By the the time Noble left for FGR, he was already told he wasn't being retained, but not by Cooper as it wasn't his decision. Oh how some can rewrite history.
    The season of Moniz/Fullarton/Cooper was one to forget and there's an argument that the damage was already done by the time Cooper arrived. His wins against some of the leagues poorer teams kept us up at least, but he certainly didn't cover himself in glory.

Noble wasn't retained because he'd essentially been sacked by Cooper after his final red card. He was sent back to Newcastle and completely frozen out of the club. Cooper said:

"I spoke to him after the game and I told him not to come back. I will ring him when I want to speak to him.

https://prideofnottingham.co.uk/home...s-county-r962/

This was a week and a half before he was appointed as Forest Green Rovers manager. Fair enough, the club could have retained him anyway (if Cooper really had no input towards that list before leaving) but Cooper clearly went out of his way to paint this as the final straw - the end of the road for Noble - when he clearly was on good enough terms to sign him for FGR a few weeks later.

Still, Noble's current absence suggests that Cooper's attempts to tame him may not have been completely successful!

...Trew stopped backing the manager and the club as he wanted to get out. Cooper realised there was no future under Trew so left. What was wrong with that? By the the time Noble left for FGR, he was already told he wasn't being retained, but not by Cooper as it wasn't his decision. Oh how some can rewrite history.
    Methinks you are writing your own history here, Lullapie. How do you know what you have written is fact? Common thought perhaps, but that should be treated with as much cynisism as "everybody knows". Just because some have posted what they thought happened, that doesn't make it a fact that it did.

Quote Originally Posted by DomdomPie View Post
    Still, Noble's current absence suggests that Cooper's attempts to tame him may not have been completely successful!
    I'd say his disciplinary record last season shows otherwise. I'd imagine this falling out is over not being allowed to leave them to join us like he wanted combined with their form this season and the fact we're doing well at the moment further reinforcing to him that he would be in a better place if they had let him go.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post

Getting that idiot Noble out of the club was just plain brilliant- imo

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast