+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Vote......

Big Vote......

I don't know if anyone else read this but last week the guardian reported that the top 6 prem clubs are demanding 35% of the overseas tv rights, which were worth £3bn in the last contract and are expected to rise again in value in the next auction in a few months.

Their argument is Ndoogu in Nigeria subscribes to watch them not us.

My argument is that he tune in to watch them thrash us not to watch a 0-0 draw between arsenal and chelsea (like recently).

So they need us as much as we need them.

I have always been a supporter of the way the income generated by the premier league is shared equally between the clubs, unlike la liga where the clubs sort their own tv deals out.

The prem needs 14 votes to pass a new amendment like this but shockingly West sham (poxy sh!T wannabe club), Leicester and Everton have added their names to the top 6 and therefore they only need another 5 idiots to agree to this unfair rule change.

Quick maths seems to suggest that at present we all get 5% and the new rule would mean the the bottom 14 would get a share of the 65% which appears to be only a 5% drop for the lower 14, but imo they have started at just 35% to test the water and if passed will demand more and more.

Even though 5% sounds low it's actually £50m, i think based on the £3bn a season current deal, per season the top 6 will reserve for themselves (and that's for starters i'm sure).

The vote is tomorrow and if it fails I can see more moaning from the "big" clubs threatening to split to form a European super league.

The minutes of the meeting should be interesting, especially the views of **** barons sullivan and gold, who more often than not are in the bottom 14 or the 2nd tier than in the top six.

The sooner the Mancs and the top 5 f k off the better.

I'd rather play in a downgraded Prem that we have a chance in than this "Groundhog day" never never land we presently inhabit.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

I'd rather play in a downgraded Prem that we have a chance in than this "Groundhog day" never never land we presently inhabit.
    I agree with that Mick.....All European leagues have only two or three top rich clubs and loads of want ta bees.....
    I think football needs something other then more money at this present time...There is more then enough in the game...
    An elite league perhaps....let them play among themselves...wont be good on the supporters who will have to travel but who cares as the money is in from TV so go for it..
    Barcelona played a game last weekend in Spain behind closed doors...horrible.....empty stadium...but it could be the shape of thins to come...if TV has its way...
    On a funnier side....would make great listening too if Pulis and Megson were on the touch line....

I also agree. I have been saying that the top clubs now have so much financial advantage that they should go and form a new league.

Hardly any of the top leagues are competitive anymore and that includes the PL. We know who is going to qualify for the top European leagues before the seasons start. Yes I know some will shout Leicester but that was a wake up call for the top clubs and it ain’t going to happen again and they are going to make sure it doesn’t hence this latest move to cut up the overseas cake unfairly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    I agree with that Mick.....All European leagues have only two or three top rich clubs and loads of want ta bees.....
    I think football needs something other then more money at this present time...There is more then enough in the game...
    An elite league perhaps....let them play among themselves...wont be good on the supporters who will have to travel but who cares as the money is in from TV so go for it..
    Barcelona played a game last weekend in Spain behind closed doors...horrible.....empty stadium...but it could be the shape of thins to come...if TV has its way...
    On a funnier side....would make great listening too if Pulis and Megson were on the touch line....
    Just imagine a Euro super league,were psg.barcalona.real Madrid .munich.win everything year after year ,the mancs arsenal Chelsea ,win **** all .that would be something else.GREAT.

Stan Cullis predicted a European super league a long time ago, but he thought his lot would be in it.
    Oh well Stan, we can't all be Nostradamus.
    Great win against Burton Albion though.

Well said Mick

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Stan Cullis predicted a European super league a long time ago, but he thought his lot would be in it.
    Oh well Stan, we can't all be Nostradamus.
    Great win against Burton Albion though.
    Nearly peed myself Des.

You should write comedy sketches.

The sooner they go the better. I won't be tuning in to watch it that's for sure.
    On the point of the money: Why would the likes of Spammers & Leicester support them getting a bigger slice of the money? It could catch on. We could give the six highest paid workers at our place of employment even more and the peasants less.

This vote is the tip of a much larger iceberg. They'll be renegotiating the figure in no time as they'll never have enough. The Premiership has no respect for what has gone before, it's all about greed and pure self-interest from the big 5. It can only end in a European super league. It can't come soon enough for me. Let them f*** off and play each other 6 times a year and whilst we're at it have half the fixtures in China, Dubai and Singapore which lets face it is where most of the plastic fans are.

Can't see any of our lot getting the better of Bayern, Barca or Madrid so should be good for a laugfh when it happens and normality and fair competition returns to the overwhelming majority.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)