+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gable Endies v Doonhamers: Irn Bru Challenge Cup 3rd Round

Dobbie scores in 87 minutes to stop his goal drought with his 7th cup and 10th goal of the season.

Two goals in the 2nd period of extra time see Queens into the Quarter Finals on 11th/12th November. Dykes 113 and Dobbie 120....

https://youtu.be/D595MjQht-0

Quick early video from Lewis Donald. Dobbie's Double is captured.

Some comments on Social Media suggest that Queens were s h i t e and lucky however careful study of the stats put the Doonahmers miles ahead of Montrose with the home keeper man of the match. Queens survived the potential banana skin and came out triumphant.
    This is good enough for me and I’ve watched football long enough to not expect too much Champions League standards at our level. We can expect a blood and thunder encounter with Pars next week where more important matters are at stake.

In passing what a piss poor turnout by the home support !
    Last edited by QOS_MAD_ADMIN; 07-10-2017 at 06:40 PM.

Well done ABERTZ - you are riduculed at times on here by the usual suspects but you have taken the time to put up a video of Queens for those who didn’t make it to Montrose.

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    Some comments on Social Media suggest that Queens were s h i t e and lucky however careful study of the stats put the Doonahmers miles ahead of Montrose with the home keeper man of the match. Queens survived the potential banana skin and came out triumphant.
    This is good enough for me and I’ve watched football long enough to not expect too much Champions League standards at our level. We can expect a blood and thunder encounter with Pars next week where more important matters are at stake.
    We weren’t ****e and it took us a long time to warm up but we’re the better team by a distance. Same old problem of the killer ball too often missing at the end of decent moves. Great move between Faddy and Dobbie would have been goal of the season if it had gone in. Glad to hear their keeper won MoM, he played well.

Good post pal and I fully concur. Why do Queens put us through the wringer like that ? My heart was racing after they scored and was convinced we were going out.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    https://youtu.be/D595MjQht-0

Quick early video from Lewis Donald. Dobbie's Double is captured.
    Aye , great stuff Albertz. I enjoyed that wee clip.

In passing what a piss poor turnout by the home support !
    Much of what you say is correct, Admin. Queens dominated possession and Fleming was, indeed, man of the match with several excellent saves but let us put this in perspective. This was a poor, full-time Championship team against a plucky, part-time Second Division team and it was only when they ran out of steam that we clawed our way back into the game. Do not be fooled by the score. We came within three minutes of going out and within the width of the bar from going 1-2 down in extra time. The two best players on the park were Fleming, Montroses's goalkeeper, and Sean Dillon who was head and shoulders better than anybody we have in defence. We should get down on our knees every night and thank God for Stephen Dobbie. Despite a relatively quiet game he still managed two goals and kept us in it during the ninety minutes. Despite all our possession, this was a game of huff and puff, kick and rush. Our mid-field was as creative as an extinct dodo. I agree that we should not expect Champions' League standards from a Championship team but we should expect, nay demand, better than the rubbish we saw today.
    Finally, I acknowledge that it was not a big attendance but I wonder how it compares on a pro rata basis with attendances at Palmerston.

Well done ABERTZ - you are riduculed at times on here by the usual suspects but you have taken the time to put up a video of Queens for those who didn’t make it to Montrose.
    Thank you Admin.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)