+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Theresa May Speech

O/T Theresa May Speech

Utterly cringeworthy and painful to watch. All this spluttering and hacking thats all we are going to remember from this robotic speech. After the P45 incident she appeared to have spluttered to pieces. Awful.

Oh Jeremy Corbyn...Oh Jeremy Corbyn...Oh Jeremy Corbyn

She's always previously been a decent speaker of great clarity so I put this down to either illness or an anxiety attack.

I've had to do a lot of presenting during my working career but about four years ago I was in a presentation at Amazon's Uk head office and in a very dry,air conditioned room my throat suddenly felt like it was closing up and I had a terrible coughing fit.

Even drinking water didn't help because the anxiety brought on just amplified the problem.

Not a great speech anyway but I did feel sorry for her because it's not the sort of thing someone else can take over from you on.

The real political ranters like Hitler and Corbyn never seem to stop for breath let alone have a coughing attack.

I'm so looking forward to us becoming the new North Korea,we can all stand for hours clapping at Kim Jon Corbyn's five day speeches in 4 years time.

Don't you just love Private Eye.....

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Oh Jeremy Corbyn...Oh Jeremy Corbyn...Oh Jeremy Corbyn

Don't like Theresa May as too soft and needs to listen more i.e to the under 25's. Corbyn though is a maniac and the biggest bull ****er in years. Diane needs to sit on his face again

The self-publicist so-called comedian wants a kick in the bollux. He probably knows too well what a P45 looks like.
    (Wonder if he was set up by that other comedian, Johnson. It's about his level of humour).

Regardless of any political views, the level of security for a UK PM was woeful. I'd have liked to have seen this clown pulling his P45 stunt at a US presedential event. He'd have been knocked to the floor by the secret service spilling his teeth no doubt in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    Regardless of any political views, the level of security for a UK PM was woeful. I'd have liked to have seen this clown pulling his P45 stunt at a US presedential event. He'd have been knocked to the floor by the secret service spilling his teeth no doubt in the process.
    You're dead right on these points Stripes,it just shows how complacent security forces can be.

I always get the impression that would be assassins look for extravagant ways to achieve their goals when in truth,episodes such as yesterday's show it's the simple plan that gets you the closest to even the most powerful people.

Michael Fagin satin the end of the Queen's bed FFS......the first time a man had been in there for 30 years at that point!

Quote Originally Posted by stripes39 View Post
    Absolutely right Stripes.

Simon Brodkin (aka the Lee Nelson character) does stand up and has also worked for both Channel Four and the BBC.

Below is a link to his previous ‘pranks’.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comedy/co...ersial-stunts/

Mr Brodkin is said to have gained access to the event with a fully accredited pass.

Just speculating and not saying they're directly responsible, but an (admittedly very quick) internet search makes me think Leanna Smith from Channel Four and/or Lucy Atkinson of the BBC (named in the link below) might be getting a knock at the door in the not too distant future.

http://www.ukpresscardauthority.co.uk/

No matter which political party you have leanings towards, how she can be criticised for losing her voice, an idiot handing her a P45 or technical faults is beyond me. If you want to fault her on the content of her speech, then fair enough, but not on the above.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)