+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A strange decision this one..

A strange decision this one..

Only just read about this but I have to say I find this particular decision by Thomas Christiansen..well quite baffling to be honest.

O'Kane played with cracked ribs on Sunday and had a pain killing injection before hand.

So he was clearly not fit to play and anyone who says otherwise has never suffered broken/cracked ribs..let me tell you right now its f*cking agony and can take a while to overcome..took me 3 months!

So..bearing in mind its a Yorkshire derby where there is gonna be some rough and tumble..your in midfield and you are aware you have cracked ribs and in some discomfort..you aren't gonna want to get too involved in any kind of physical clashes are you?

So we have Vieira/Klich on the bench..and he chooses an injured/unfit player ahead of those 2???

Not being a neg head here..far from it..but I think this decision to play O'Kane was absolute stupid and his performance would back it up!

Early days for TC and like the rest of you I am desperate for him to succeed but I am becoming baffled by some of his decisions and tactics.

Needs to learn quickly otherwise you can forget about the possibility of a top 6 finish.

Aguero is out for six weeks with a cracked rib.. Like you say it's bloody painful..

The Rev is still feeling the pain of Sunday it seems . Interesting decision I agree but did the whole team have cracked ribs too ?

Rest of the team weren't good either jimmy as we all know but my point here is playing injured players when you have fit ones on the bench..and aren't you risking further injury on the already injured player.?

Or is O'Kane that important that he just had to play?

Is this plot thickening or am I turning into WTF

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Rest of the team weren't good either jimmy as we all know but my point here is playing injured players when you have fit ones on the bench..and aren't you risking further injury on the already injured player.?

Hey you! I have no opinion on this (well yes I do, but it doesn't run contrary to other posts so I wasn't going to bother until your "contribution"!) 😉

Baffled is an understatement, Answer to your question is no O Kane isnt that good, He is just ok,

He could not get in the team under Monk, TC has brought improvement out of him but for me its nowhere near good enough for this team.

Just my opinion, I have seen most games this year, Poor phillips seems to get slated well again this is down to TC as Calvin bombs forward too much at times when he doesnt need to,

I said at the start of the season when everyone was banging on about needing a CB that we badly need a CM,

I think from what we have Vierra needs a run and if this is true RE O Kanes ribs then like i said baffled.

Mentioned if on the Lassogo thread... his error led to a goal, possibly the worst player on the pitch, am a fan of O'Kane but cracked ribs! Bound to affect his head, It wS obviously not working so why when wd made double substitution wasnt he brougjt off..out of protection if nothing else

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post

Nope he does tinker around abit too much for my liking. Some very odd selections but he's got it right more often then not . Just think he's rode his luck sometimes on certain selections.

Vierra surely has to start v reading, he must be chomping at the bit.

I sincerely hope we do see some changes for Reading, if for no other reason than to show that TC can admit to mistakes and look to rectify them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)