+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Go on Wales play him

I think we should play to our strengths and play football the English way rather than trying to take on the Europeans at their own game, but I still think that even if we do the gulf in class is so great that expecting anything past semi finals in a major tournament - at best - is a pipe dream.

Quote Originally Posted by U-F-O View Post
    Henderson should be nowhere near an England shirt and neither should Dire ( see what I did there )
    HenDireson see what you could have done there

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    Who do you replace them with, though? The problem is wider than just who's picked, it's as much that there just aren't that many outstanding English players for whatever reason.
    I'd have Drinkwater in for a start and maybe Shelvey and pick a more attacking formation. 1 up front at home & 2 in front of defense Slovenia? My god, anyone would think we was playing Germany or a decent team. I agree we don't have too many outstanding players to start with, but thats my point, the FA/England are limiting themsleves even further by this stupid "investing in talent" attitude ( see my link regarding Nevilles quote)

Quote Originally Posted by CHIPBUTTYBLADE View Post
    HenDireson see what you could have done there
    I'm just not Sharp enough CBB

Ireland wanted it more they were on it all game Wales were very sloppy for the goal they conceded really poor game to watch I thought though can't see Ireland doin much if they get to Russia they could share the fare home on the 1st plane back with england

He should switch back to England now

Quote Originally Posted by U-F-O View Post
    I'd have Drinkwater in for a start and maybe Shelvey and pick a more attacking formation. 1 up front at home & 2 in front of defense Slovenia? My god, anyone would think we was playing Germany or a decent team. I agree we don't have too many outstanding players to start with, but thats my point, the FA/England are limiting themsleves even further by this stupid "investing in talent" attitude ( see my link regarding Nevilles quote)
    There's the problem mi owd,neither Drinkwater or Shelvey are anywhere near good enuff for England to offer any sort of challenge in Russia in my opinion.When was the last time we had a genuine chance in a tournament? 1990/1996? The premier league and the foreign player whilst not helpin or not solely to blame.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Ireland wanted it more they were on it all game Wales were very sloppy for the goal they conceded really poor game to watch I thought though can't see Ireland doin much if they get to Russia they could share the fare home on the 1st plane back with england
    I take it by 'on it' you mean dirty b@st@rds Bully ?

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    There's the problem mi owd,neither Drinkwater or Shelvey are anywhere near good enuff for England to offer any sort of challenge in Russia in my opinion.When was the last time we had a genuine chance in a tournament? 1990/1996? The premier league and the foreign player whilst not helpin or not solely to blame.UTCB
    Bloody hell, we agree on something! There's no silver bullet - reducing the number of foreigners isn't suddenly going to make our players more skillful. I'm not sure there's a simple answer, either.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    And Henderson is? I think both, whislt not world class, are an alternative option. Mind you, they are both forward passing looking players, so wont fit in with the sideways, backwards England style!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast