+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Carl Dickinson

Carl Dickinson

This I will say...
    He has been the butt of much abuse since playing for Notts county..
    Some has been rightly shelved out.
    However one player who I have a lot of respect for this season is Dicko.
    He has got himself fit over preseason and come back fighting.
    Sat and waited for chances to come his way .
    And whenever this season we have called him up to the starting eleven,the guy has been superb..
    Well done player.
    Keep the good work up

I have been one of his biggest critics , last season he was absolute garbage but on the two occasions I have seen him this season he as played well and also looks a lot fitter.

He's definitely slimmed down a lot, and he looks sharper and faster for it. I thought a lot of our defensive problems last season stemmed from the full-back areas, with an astonishing lack of effort and ability to close down and stop crosses. This in turn made our central defenders look even more inept. You can see under Nolan that there is a greater enthusiasm for defending in general, and so much of that is about stopping problems at source, long before you have to rely on someone producing a last ditch tackle, goal-line clearance or great save.

He’s not the best but he puts in the effort and that’s one of the major attributes to win over us notts fans, he’s certainly still not a guaranteed starter for me but I agree he has improved lots from last season along with half of our squad really, fair play to him.