+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am so pi$$ed

I am so pi$$ed

that my last weekend in the UK is being wasted on these pathetic world cup qualifiers. Does any on give a flying to$$ about this garbage? This coupled with the recent attempt by the top six prem league sides, plus a few additional ar$e lickers to grab all the TV money makes my eyes bleed!

The sooner Utd, City etc feck off and form their own super league the better, nobody will watch the crap anyway. Well that's not true, the middle and far east will gobble it up. Lets face it thats where the money is and thats where its going. Well they can keep it for me!

Yours truly pi$$ed off, Coseley, Wolverhampton.

Barstewards!!

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    that my last weekend in the UK is being wasted on these pathetic world cup qualifiers. Does any on give a flying to$$ about this garbage? This coupled with the recent attempt by the top six prem league sides, plus a few additional ar$e lickers to grab all the TV money makes my eyes bleed!

The sooner Utd, City etc feck off and form their own super league the better, nobody will watch the crap anyway. Well that's not true, the middle and far east will gobble it up. Lets face it thats where the money is and thats where its going. Well they can keep it for me!

Barstewards!!
    I do watch the England games and watch them to do well, but Wolves will always come first.

I think it's an absolute joke that the so called big six want more more than the remaining four**** teams regarding overseas television coverage.

Every since the premier league was set up, it's been rammed down our throats time and again how 'great' the premier league is, it's not all that. It's a money making machine, a closed shop and i doubt we will see a Leicester win the league again.

I have become so disillusioned with the whole thing that I actually get a certain "schadenfreude" from watching them struggle. It's sad and I'm not proud of it, but that's the way it is!

Barstewards!!
    Bang on the money Woody.

I've been whinging about the overhyped Premier League for a very long time now and it was only yesterday that I was asking where I work if anyone is genuinely bothered about tonight's game. Not one person was.

Going back to the Premier League, don't be surprised if we see Messi and Ronaldo (again) making an appearance in our top flight in a couple of years or so.

When they are on their last legs, Barca and Real will need to offload them and they will no doubt be offered obscene money to grace the EPL and we will hear yet again why this is the best league in the world because we attract the best in the world.

Couldn't quite get these pair in their prime though, they wanted to stay where there is guaranteed success.

I said a long time ago that we will continue to pick up the biggest wage bills whilst the Germans and Spanish will continue to pick up the trophies.

The Premier League is still the First Division and separating the statistics of the two is a very sad reflection of the greed surrounding our game. Division One and the Premier League are both the top tier of English Football and therefore the same Division whatever they choose to call it.

Quote Originally Posted by Woking88 View Post
    The Premier League is still the First Division and separating the statistics of the two is a very sad reflection of the greed surrounding our game. Division One and the Premier League are both the top tier of English Football and therefore the same Division whatever they choose to call it.
    Spot on! There's a whole generation out there who think that football started in 1992 with the introduction of the Premier League. Makes me very angry!

After Germany battered us 4-1 in South Africa I wrote a post on this board that basically said if we didn't copy the German blueprint and completely overhaul our national system we'd be a backwater footballing nation within 10 years! We didn't, and effectively we are!

The German national team was in a crisis when we beat them 1-5 in 2001, they had relied so long on an aging team they had to rebuild. They did, and they did it with youth. I said if we went the same we way I'd even be prepared for us to miss a couple of qualifications if it meant that's what we had to do. What I failed to do was to see just how much more corrupt and greedy the FA would become in the following years!

My argument then is now utterly pointless. The FA has prostituted it's 'jewel in the crown', the Premier League by crediting so much of it's TV money to the 'Big 6', allowing them to flood their sides with foreign talent that the prospect of even building a first class youth system is basically dead!

I hate the whole ****** set up from top to bottom. I hate the 'old boy brigade' board of the FA, who I don't for one second believe they have a clue about football btw, I hate the 'Yes men' managers they put in charge and I hate the overpayed, most expensive Englishmen who have been made to look much better than they actually are by the said foreign influx. Oh, and I hate the 'Red Top' sports writers who will build us up leading into Russia 2018 with the full knowledge that will be slaughtering us within a week of it starting!

I applaud all who have subscribed to this thread, not a 'duff' comment from anyone and yes Plates' I well remember your prophetic words a few years ago. As for me, I've long held the view that 'big money greed' would eventually diminish the credibility of top level
    football, not just in England but throughout the world. These days it's hard to believe that there was once a time when most professional clubs in Britain could boast several 'local' lads on their books and non-British players were something of a novelty (albeit a welcome one). Personally,were it not for the opportunity to see the Wolves regularly on TV (which the Prem.League offers to overseas fans), I'd just as soon see us battling it out in the 'Champ' where there is still some degree of integrity. Perhaps, because of my seeming self-centredness, it's people like me who are part of the problem
    Last edited by GrizzledWolf; 07-10-2017 at 02:45 PM.

that my last weekend in the UK is being wasted on these pathetic world cup qualifiers. Does any on give a flying to$$ about this garbage?
    If your drunk thats up to you Woody old lad, but 'pi*ssed' to us here in blighty doesnt mean angry lol. You know that though of course, and Im only joking.
    I also dont like or agree with the idea of an Intl break for clubs, but I do still support my country 100% just like I do my club, and I think its a shame that most fans in this country dont think the same anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    If your drunk thats up to you Woody old lad, but 'pi*ssed' to us here in blighty doesnt mean angry lol. You know that though of course, and Im only joking.
    I also dont like or agree with the idea of an Intl break for clubs, but I do still support my country 100% just like I do my club, and I think its a shame that most fans in this country dont think the same anymore.
    If fifa have their own way the international breaks could be even longer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)