+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Global Sea Ice - Global Warming

Tarkers started a fred about global warming. Donald Trump is president of the wealthiest and most powerful country in the world. This means that out of any single person in the world he has both the most power to significantly influence his own country's environmental policies as well as pressure other countries to adopt stringent policies. Global warming is the most significant challenge the human race has ever faced and should be the most thoroughly discused issue in any election campaign, particularly that of the US.

But instead, the president ignores the science, claims that global warming is a Chinese hoax, pulls out of the Paris Accord and instead campaigns on issues like "the immigration problem," and stirs up chants to 'build a wall'. And, if I'm not hugely mistaken, he won Tarkers admiration for it.

Go fücking figure...
    Last edited by andy6025; 05-10-2017 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    Tarkers started a fred about global warming. Donald Trump is president of the wealthiest and most powerful country in the world. This means that out of any single person in the world he has both the most power to significantly influence his own country's environmental policies as well as pressure other countries to adopt stringent policies. Global warming is the most significant challenge the human race has ever faced and should be the most thoroughly discused issue in any election campaign, particularly that of the US.

But instead, the president ignores the science, claims that global warming is a Chinese hoax, pulls out of the Paris Accord and instead campaigns on issues like "the immigration problem," and stirs up chants to 'build a wall'. And, if I'm not hugely mistaken, he won Tarkers admiration for it.

Go fücking figure...
    Andy - If you can point to any single post where I have applauded Trump's position on Climate Change....I will eat my left testicle.

I have consistently said that the guy is a fool.....on many issues....BUT....he was elected to serve the most powerful nation in the world, and for that reason, the left-wing intelligensia have no right to keep slagging him off.....fight the guy on Policies, prove it......show the facts

I've done my best to show the facts on this thread......the ammunition is there

Tarkers, you've missed the point:

As I said above, climate change eclipses every other issue by far and should have been the defining issue of the American election, but instead yourself and others got wrapped up in issues that were comparatively inconsequential, such as Muslims and immigration, and as result advocated him for the presidency.

His views were clear and beds were made. So go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    Tarkers, you've missed the point:

As I said above, climate change eclipses every other issue by far and should have been the defining issue of the American election, but instead yourself and others got wrapped up in issues that were comparatively inconsequential, such as Muslims and immigration, and as result advocated him for the presidency.

His views were clear and beds were made. So go figure.
    Andy - you surely must be joking?

Because I didn't criticise him over Immigration or Muslims....then somehow I must be condoning his position on Climate Change?

Is that honestly, in front of this Forum.....what you think?

The guy has an absolute right to deny anyone into his country (the most powerful in the World), that he feels protects his voters.....Muslims are a huge problem to World society, they murder, mutilate, stone to death, cut the clits off young girls, boil Christians alive...I say "Goodbye...**** off out of my country"....I support him

If he doesn't want any more immigrants....fair play....the electorate decide....or not

So apparently, because he has a mandate FROM HIS PEOPLE....I inadvertently applaud his decision on Climate Change Denial?

Do me a favour....I have NEVER EVER supported his position on Climate Change....it is real, it is happening.

Who did you advocate for prez:

Clinton?
    Stein?
    Johnson?
    Sanders?

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I did one of these threads a couple of years ago, which interested a few people....so I thought I'd start another

FACT - The Earth is getting warmer, depending on the start point...by between 1 and 1.5 degrees Celsius, since the mid 1800s.....that's not a lot I hear you cry BUT the average temperature of the Earth is only about 15 degrees anyway.....so we are talking about a 10% increase since accurate records were kept.
    You might wish to review temperature units and scale before you write FACT, FACT!

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    You might wish to review temperature units and scale before you write FACT, FACT!
    I am not sure what you are saying?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/...up-since-1850/

Scroll down for the animation of 1.5 degrees Celsius

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    I am not sure what you are saying?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/...up-since-1850/

Scroll down for the animation of 1.5 degrees Celsius
    ....and the average temperature of the earth is now 16 degrees.....(ie up from below 15 degrees)

Quote :

The average temperature on Earth is about 61 degrees F (16 C). But temperatures vary greatly around the world depending on the time of year, ocean and wind currents and weather conditions. Summers tend to be warmer and winters colder. Also, temperatures tend to be higher near the equator and lower near the poles.

https://www.space.com/17816-earth-temperature.html

Maybe I am not understanding what you are saying Old-Pie?

Watched the plastic ocean thing last night, I knew birds and marine life was in jesting plastic,didn't realise it was now in the human food chain. Just about totally fk up the planet with greed and apathy

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast